: New Scarface game

OffThaHorseCEO
10-06-06, 02:27 PM
my brother had it preordered and he went and picked it up, came with a poster made entirely of the script with some of the words colored differently to make a picture

anyways the game is awesome, i was scared at first, i thought theyd screw up the story line but it starts out at the end of the movie, kind of like a "what if scarface survived the columbian raid". you lose your empire and have to rebuild it, so far so good

Elvis
10-06-06, 02:45 PM
That sounds like a game even I would enjoy!

CadillacGurl
10-06-06, 02:50 PM
Awesome! My birthday is coming up, I'll probably have to add it to the list

TagApl4
10-06-06, 03:13 PM
cool keep the updates coming. I was def going to get this game in 2 weeks when internet prices dropped. Wanna sell yours after you beat it?

OffThaHorseCEO
10-06-06, 03:46 PM
naw, we tend to never beat games like this (gta style) we get mad cause someone talked to us the wrong way or scratched a nice car we JUST stole and we end up sdhooting em, which attracts attention, either gang attention or police attention and then shoot the police and end up dead

TagApl4
10-06-06, 09:57 PM
LOL i feel u. up your gaming skills so u dont die

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-06-06, 10:36 PM
I saw that at Best Buy tonight, it looked pretty good. They even got Tony Montana to look just like he did in the movie.

dp102288
10-07-06, 10:25 AM
Sounds excellent.

Yeah I can never beat GTA because I wsill go to a rooftop and sniper people. then they throw the helicopter at me. Death follows shortly.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-07-06, 10:51 AM
I <3 Gta.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-07-06, 11:12 AM
i honesltyhave to stay that

scarface gameplay> gta

gta is great for shoot em up steal a car fast pace run from the law rampages but this game puts more on the line

youre starting from the bottom, so youre slangin coke by the grams. you can get a good chunk of change off of it though and it stays in your "pocket". if you die or get arrested, you lose all your pocket money and coke. so thats an incentive to not shoot cops haha

yesterday i had a lil over 200000 in my pocket and 354g of coke which was worth another 35400,i had just run someone over and was on my way in to the bank when i was confronted by a cop for hit and run, i was like o shit, but a screen popped up and i "fast talked" him into letin me go with my money and drugs haha, if i had just shot him i woulda lost it all

Benzilla
10-08-06, 02:19 AM
Finaly, a cocaine video game! everything I wanted but didn't get out of GTA VC.

I haven't played it yet, how does it feel? Is the car handling nice and loose like in GTA, or does it feel like true crime streets of LA or something? I only really want it if it feels like GTA, I can't stand games that feel stiff and non-optional, does it have an open map like gta?

Any realistic Cadillacs?

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-06, 12:43 PM
the car handling is good in my opinion the cars are awesome, you start out with the cream cadillac with zebra interior and then i bought that car he bought at the dealership (porsche i think, the one he wanted bulletproofed and radar on it and guns and foglights)

all of miami is open to you, not like gta where all the bridges are coincidentally closed until you get x percent of the game done the city isnt as big as in gta tho but its still vry large. you can slang coke in any part of the city but can only do missions to advance turf by turf.

im moving keys now,i goto my supplier, get my 3 keys for 20 g's, then i gotta get back to the storehouse without gettin jacked. once i get it to the store house i can deliver it to my fronts. i have to do it quickly n order to not get jacked. 2 ofthese deliveries, and im up to almost 2 million

OffThaHorseCEO
10-08-06, 12:45 PM
no ealistic caddies, buuuuuuut, im sure someone will md it like they mod gta,

yu know whats weird, they even found a way to get gta pc mods into the xbox version

Benzilla
10-08-06, 10:24 PM
Sounds awesome, but I still think I'll rent it first, fron the ads I've seen the graphics look a little too smooth.

You can really buy cars? (this sounds dumn, but..) Is there any place to keep them, like a garage in GTA?

HITMONEY
10-08-06, 11:51 PM

scarface gameplay> gta

gta is great for shoot em up steal a car fast pace run from the law rampages but this game puts more on the line

youre starting from the bottom, so youre slangin coke by the grams. you can get a good chunk of change off of it though and it stays in your "pocket". if you die or get arrested, you lose all your pocket money and coke. so thats an incentive to not shoot cops haha

yesterday i had a lil over 200000 in my pocket and 354g of coke which was worth another 35400,i had just run someone over and was on my way in to the bank when i was confronted by a cop for hit and run, i was like o shit, but a screen popped up and i "fast talked" him into letin me go with my money and drugs haha, if i had just shot him i woulda lost it all

Can't wait till my 10 year old nephew gets ahold of this game at a friends house or something... as if he wasn't sexed and drugged up enough by video games and MTV.

The stuff that comes out of his mouth at times floors me... now he willbe able to know the street value of a kilo of coke. Wonderful.

Benzilla
10-09-06, 12:23 AM
The thing that bothers me about kids like that, is that they learn to act like that from tv, CDs, games, etc. Instead of actually being around a hard neighborhood, the think they can act all "gangsta" just because they saw one side of it, and it looked cool, but in reality, their just little posers. 30 years ago, you'd never see a 10 year old say "suck my di*k, b*tch" and if you did, you'd laugh your head off, because their just too young. no 10 year old with loving parents and food on the table needs to act like that, no reason for innocence to be lost that young. games like GTA should only be played by people old enough to know not to emulate them.

atleast thats how I see it.

dp102288
10-09-06, 08:33 AM
:yeah:

I agree too. I think that the youth that will run the world, after I am finished with it but still here, will bring it to hell.

TagApl4
10-09-06, 10:01 AM

scarface gameplay> gta

Sounds like good fun!!!

you start out with the cream cadillac with zebra interior and then i bought that car he bought at the dealership (porsche i think, the one he wanted bulletproofed and radar on it and guns and foglights)

im moving keys now,i goto my supplier, get my 3 keys for 20 g's, then i gotta get back to the storehouse without gettin jacked. once i get it to the store house i can deliver it to my fronts. i have to do it quickly n order to not get jacked. 2 ofthese deliveries, and im up to almost 2 million

3Keys for 20 G's wow! its like 17.5 for 1 key today (dont ask me how I know)

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 10:10 AM
This is one hell of a game....PLayed all the GTA's for hundreds of hours and this seems to give me what GTA didn't. A character I can get into. This is something I know the background of tony not like the GtA series. Just started it last night for a few minutes but I think it'll be what GTA was aspiring to be.

Adam
10-09-06, 10:10 AM
Sounds like good fun!!!

3Keys for 20 G's wow! its like 17.5 for 1 key today (dont ask me how I know)

nah... we kinda figured... :D

TagApl4
10-09-06, 12:44 PM
no ealistic caddies, buuuuuuut, im sure someone will md it like they mod gta,

yu know whats weird, they even found a way to get gta pc mods into the xbox version

Whts the replay value of the game. After u beat it do u think u will put it in for a lil mayhem like u can GTA. I may rent it instead of buying it. How long would u guess it will take to beat?

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 12:50 PM
I would say you can beat it in about 25 hours or so but that would not be a completion of the entire game. Like GTA the replay value if you like the drug running aspect and thrill of getting into trouble holding large amounts of money and drugs is great! I think you can replay this as much as you want and still enjoy it.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-09-06, 12:59 PM
i agree with pinball, i just bought the babylon club last night and it filled my progress indicator a lil bit more, i was glad i got into a gangfight and died without saving cause now i can go back and stack more paper before buying the club.

you can buy cars, i never even steal cars anymore, theres no need too, early in the game you can hire a driver and call him anytime you want and he'll bring any car you own to you. you can also hire a boat driver, an enforcer and an assassin

replay value i think will be good, i just found out you can switch to any of your "henchmen" (drivers, assassin or enforcer") and do side missions for the "good of the empire"

xxpinballxx
10-09-06, 01:06 PM
yeah there are some good assassin missions I guess. I have a friend at gamestop that has had the game for a bit and seems to never sleep.

OffThaHorseCEO
10-09-06, 01:09 PM
yea i stayed up late playing a few times too

TagApl4
10-09-06, 01:40 PM
I would say you can beat it in about 25 hours or so but that would not be a completion of the entire game. Like GTA the replay value if you like the drug running aspect and thrill of getting into trouble holding large amounts of money and drugs is great! I think you can replay this as much as you want and still enjoy it.

i agree with pinball, i just bought the babylon club last night and it filled my progress indicator a lil bit more, i was glad i got into a gangfight and died without saving cause now i can go back and stack more paper before buying the club.

you can buy cars, i never even steal cars anymore, theres no need too, early in the game you can hire a driver and call him anytime you want and he'll bring any car you own to you. you can also hire a boat driver, an enforcer and an assassin

replay value i think will be good, i just found out you can switch to any of your "henchmen" (drivers, assassin or enforcer") and do side missions for the "good of the empire"

yea i stayed up late playing a few times too

I'm going to stop at Best Buy on my way home. I have the day off tomorrow. Let the killing and drug dealing begin.

"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman."
"I neva fed anybody over in my life, who didn't have it comin' to 'im, you got that? All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one, jou understand?"
"You know what capitalism is? Gettin' fed!"
"Eh, f! you, man! Who put this thing together? Me, that's who! Who do I trust? Me! [I don't need him; I don't need her. Everything is roses; I don't need nobody]"
"Say goodnight to the bad guy"
"I'm Tony Montana! You f* wit me, you f!in' wit da best!"
"Say hello to my little friend" <--- Tony's last words

Love the movie!!!!

OffThaHorseCEO
10-09-06, 02:19 PM
there are lots of big names in it too, like FES aka wilmer valderama makes a voice appearance, the opening credits list vida guerra, and i think they modeled a few of the women after her cause them females are fiiiiine.
i thought one of the gangsters i confronted was mannie, and then someone mentioned that his name was in the opening credits, and that they heard he was in it but not as Manolo (obviously, hes dead)

TagApl4
10-11-06, 09:33 AM
I bought the game monday, and have been playing it ever since. Missed monday night football, didnt work tues so i stayed up till like 7 beating missions, played all day yesterday. Def a good game. No rampages on innocent victems like GTA cus its not in scarfaces nature i respect that it stayed true. All the cussing and increased gore in comparison more than makes up for it. Missions are detailed and there is a ton to do. May even be better than GTA.

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 09:38 AM
I think for a risttime right out the shoot game it is better than GTA. GTA had a bunch of time to vastly improve and they really didnt.

Adam
10-11-06, 09:52 AM
i bought it for PSP the other day. i think it was the day it came out. i havent got a chance to play it yet but it sounds pretty cool. next paycheck i might get Godfather for my PSP as well. wonder if there are just as many side missions and all like on the PS2? i dont see why not but you never know.

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 09:57 AM
I have the PSP version. It is supposed to be the same game a port of the PS2 game. At least thats what they told me at gamestop.

Adam
10-11-06, 10:02 AM
ive got Midnight Club 3 for it and it is the same as the PS2. well the only difference is the PS2 showed damage on the cars where as the PSP doesnt. but races and all are the same. mods and everything, no difference.

xxpinballxx
10-11-06, 10:09 AM
Yeah thats why some of the PS2 games are not as good as they could be. They want to make direct ports of games. Not sure why they don't do that then release the PS2 version after touching it up adding a few hundred thousand polygons per frame. Oh yeah thats why ALOT of work!