: Interesting find: front, rear and sideskirts.

Resilient
10-05-06, 02:50 PM
I was browsing eBay (for some Catera-Omega B 'eyebrows')... anyway came across this eBay storefront...

They have a nice front, rear and side skirts kit for the Omega B Saloon... might fit on our Cats...

Make A Shorter Link (http://makeashorterlink.com/?J681239ED)

Just wanted to share...

R-Caddy
10-05-06, 11:27 PM
I have also seen side skirts and stuff like that on british ebay.co.uk. Furthermore, I have found a reworked butterfly valve and fuel pressure regulator, which combined would give 15-18hp. Imagine that with an intake, exhaust, new plugs and wires... :eyebrow: Oh yeah, and a set of cams +18 hp...:sneaky:

Catera V
10-06-06, 12:10 AM
Got another link or a name, the one you list sends me to a stock trading company. Is it Steinmetz?

Resilient
10-06-06, 07:22 AM
No not Steinmetz. If you meant my link then the problem is at your end... it's just a make shorter link, to the full link, which is an eBay store...

I'll re-add it here:

eBay Store on eBay Canada cartuningstyling.eu: Search results for omega. (http://search.stores.ebay.ca/cartuningstyling-eu_omega_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZcartuningstyling Q2eeuQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ389162345QQsof pZ0)

aldi
10-06-06, 11:08 AM
The parts are (unofficial?) replicas of the Steinmetz parts for the 94-99 Omega. Quality should be not that good.
Side skirts will fit the Catera. Front skirt will not fit, the Omega front bumper is different. The rear bumper is also different, but the shape seems to be similar so i can't tell if it's possible.

Warez
10-07-06, 11:30 PM
I have also seen side skirts and stuff like that on british ebay.co.uk. Furthermore, I have found a reworked butterfly valve and fuel pressure regulator, which combined would give 15-18hp. Imagine that with an intake, exhaust, new plugs and wires... :eyebrow: Oh yeah, and a set of cams +18 hp...:sneaky:

European tuners are notorious for making absolutely outrageous power gains for their parts.

I don't for a second believe that a fuel pressure regulator and bored throttle body would gain even 5hp.

If you do a search I posted dyno results for my car and for the final run I removed the entire air intake system up to the MAF. This would be better than any aftermarket cold air intake system and besides the car being much louder it only gain 2 hp, yes only 2 hp at the wheels.

On engines this small that is very little that can be done it terms of hp gains.

Catera V
10-08-06, 11:53 PM
Got it thanks, my bad. Looks like they use steinmetz pictures to illustrate their parts. Still nice to have them available.

zealious
10-12-06, 04:04 PM
European tuners are notorious for making absolutely outrageous power gains for their parts.

I don't for a second believe that a fuel pressure regulator and bored throttle body would gain even 5hp.

If you do a search I posted dyno results for my car and for the final run I removed the entire air intake system up to the MAF. This would be better than any aftermarket cold air intake system and besides the car being much louder it only gain 2 hp, yes only 2 hp at the wheels.

On engines this small that is very little that can be done it terms of hp gains.

are you kidding.
Cams would make a huge dif in these cars. I hate the way they are set up stock. I want lower rpm torque I dont need it @ 60mph. we have no autobauns.

caterashaker
11-16-06, 03:11 PM
I know from experience that big h.p. gains with somewhat little mods are possible. I have personally modified Corvettes,Cameros,Trans Ams and many other GM fuel injected vehicles.You start with the air filter by changing from paper to a K&N or other similar product.Next would probably be the exhaust.These are 2 places for easy h.p. improvements You have to know the mindset of the factory engineers.Each part is made for maximum mpg, minimum emissions and sound levels.Although car companies have become better with their stock stuff,there's always some bright and hungry aftermarket guy who figues out how to do it better and cheaper.Consider the Hewlett Packard spark plug wires; they have about 3,000 to 6,000 ohms of resistance per foot.A good aftermarket set like MSD has about 40. Less resistance means a hotter spark,a more complete burn of gasoline and its by-products,more mpg and cleaner emissions.As far as the fuel pressure regulators go,here's another place that GM is starting to get the picture.On an '85 Vette that I worked on,we changed the filter,opened up the stock air filter box,changed the spark plug wires to MSD's,slapped on some Flowmaster mufflers and then changed the fuel pressue regulator.But we found something very interesting with the fuel pressure regulator.I initially started it at 40psi and bumped it up by 1lb increments.I got up to 45psi and thinking more is better went up to 50psi.This is when power started to decrease.It's interesting that the stock fuel pressure on GM's was about 35 until the 90's when they changed to 44 or so.Lesson learned,you have to be careful with adjustable fuel pressure regulators.I then would change the factory chip and LAST was the throttle body(butterfly valve).To maximize gains you have to make the car breathe better and ALL GM's whether they're made here,Canada or by a bunch of Germans,they all benefit from better breathing. We consistantly saw hp gains of 20 to 40hp.Myron Cottrell of Tuned Port Injection Specialties has been preaching this since the 80's;his approach works.I wish someone made a set of low resistance wires,an adjustable fuel pressure regulator,an aftermarket throttle body and an aftermarket programmer that worked because the theory is sound.The Catera is a fuel injected car that can be modified just like anything else.The approach has to be carefully considered.