Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Where can I put an amp?

706 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  NickyE3 
#1 ·
OK, decided switching to Bose way too much trouble. So, plan on upgrading factory speakers and add some power. Anybody have ideas where I can place a small amp for the front speakers on a 98 Eldo? I wonder if there is room under the console. Also, how about some recomendations for replacement door speakers. I am not looking for "killer" system, just some good clean sound with moderate power, on a budget. I am using Boston accoustic 6X9 full range speakers in the back with an old PPI amp. I think it is 2X25 watts, of very clean real power. Plan to mount the amp behind the seat. Plan to draw power directly from the fuse block behind the seat? Should be OK? The amp has an internal 10A fuse. One more thing I plan to order PAC brand line level to RCA converters. Never used them, anybody have any input on PAC brand stuff. I know lots of questions, but any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

#4 ·
Amp cover look nice. The back is fairly wide open. The front is where I need some suggestions. Also, the line to RCA converter i am looking at does not have a remote amp turn on circuit. Can somebody tell me what to do for the amp turm on. I am told it is a little difficult because the Cadillac head unit uses a class II signal. Anybody????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.