: 2007 Cadillac DTS Review/Opinion

Lord Cadillac
10-04-06, 01:34 PM
This isn't so much a review. My Escalade is at the dealer getting some minor stuff taken care of - and I have a DTS as a loaner.. I'm guessing it's the bottom-of-the-line version.. It's actually a nice improvement over the outgoing 2005 DeVille.. The build quality is much better.. The seats have nicer leather (even the cheaper leather that's on this particular version) and the feel more comfortable. There's more than adequate power and responsiveness.. The steering is tighter than I like - but I suppose it's more European feeling now (woopee). Anyway, I like the improvement. The ride is soft, comfortable and quiet.. The DTS is definitely a comfortable Cadillac - the way I like them to be...

gary88
10-04-06, 11:38 PM
There's a DTS rental at the dealer I go to. They have that and 3 CTSs, so far I've had all 3 of those but not the DTS yet. Hopefully next time :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
10-05-06, 08:45 AM
I drove the DTS more last night and I'd like to mention that I'm very pleased with the interior lighting. It's different. I haven't seen anything like it yet. I do believe it's used in the new Escalade as well, but I'm not sure.. This is really a nice, comfortable car that'll make any Cadillac owner proud. Especially traditional Cadillac owners.. I know there's a tighter suspension on the performance version, but that's just not me..

The only two things that I can see improvement on are:

The size of the vehicle.. It's not a tight fit inside by any means - but it could be wider and longer. I'm sure only people who like BIG Cadillacs would agree with me, however - because the DTS IS roomy.

There's lock/unlock stalks on the door-sills.. It just doesn't look right and they get in the way of leaning your arm.. Kinda silly, if you ask me..

Lord Cadillac
10-05-06, 03:59 PM
...and before I forget.. I really need to stress that while this car rides soft, it handles Very well.. I was very surprised with the confidence I had driving up and down on/off ramps on the highway.. This car sticks to the road surprisingly-well for the non-sporty version...