: Oil leaks on V8 s?????

harryctsv
10-04-06, 01:29 PM
Hi there,

did any of you STS V8 owners had some problems with oil leaks on the front part of the engine?

Hans

Cajonkev
10-04-06, 02:10 PM
No probs on my 05 for 18k miles.

Noticed on my 06 a very small leak that appeared at about 10K and 4 months of driving.

Just had the oil change done shortly after and they could not identify which seal it may be from. Still there and I am planning on isolating it this weekend.

Again, very minor but enough for me to check into it.

harryctsv
10-04-06, 02:23 PM
No probs on my 05 for 18k miles.

Noticed on my 06 a very small leak that appeared at about 10K and 4 months of driving.

Just had the oil change done shortly after and they could not identify which seal it may be from. Still there and I am planning on isolating it this weekend.

Again, very minor but enough for me to check into it.
Thank you Cajonkev,
I ask because I`m looking for a new 07 STS V8 but had some problems on my XLR.
They fixed it in Febr. this year and the car was standing almost 4 weeks at my dealer with the engine out of the car. It wouldn`t take that long but they was waiting for 20 screws (each $ 10.00) all the other seals and stuff was there. After the screws came in from the US my car was fixed in one day.

Not any problem since then:thumbsup:

Thank you again

Hans

jlp
10-04-06, 02:59 PM
Yes, 2005 V8 STS w/18K, leak was repaired. Not to mention rear differential fluid leak at 12K. Not exactly quality control, these little glitches may drive me away from GM for good

netrave
10-04-06, 03:41 PM
my rear end blew after 6k miles on my 06 sts V6...

the fluid poured out on my driveway and i had to have the car flat-bedded to the dealer...

ive had more problems with this car then my 91 mustang...

im definitly not happy with cadillac...