: Odd Story about your Pet

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 08:41 AM
I have a 3 year old black field Lab named BJ. He's a horse yet still a house dog. He's about 85 pounds and can put his paws on your shoulders. He considers himself a lap dog. Kinda cozy on a cold winter night.

BJ have about 6-8 toys. Some are tug toys and others are squeaky toys. When I'm on the computer and engrossed in what I'm doing I don't see he's trying to get me to play with him. When I'm done on the computer and get up from my chair I find all of his toys at my feet and he's staring at me with his tail wagging. Let's play Dad!!!:bouncy:

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 09:22 AM
Labs are water dogs. They actually have webbed feet. They are attracted to water. BJ even wants in the shower with me. It's all about water.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/BJinbirdbath.jpg

dp102288
10-04-06, 09:31 AM
Cute. How many dogs do you have? Is that the one you put in the Vader costume?

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 09:37 AM
Cute. How many dogs do you have? Is that the one you put in the Vader costume?

The Mini-Vader is a English Bull Dog. Unfortunately not mine. I have the Black Lab, BJ, a Black cat named Mocha and a Siamese fighting fish name Nemo.:)

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 10:37 AM
Aww! I love the picture, very cute. My dog will plop her huge head in my lap and give me her puppy eyes when she wants to be petted or played with. Also when my mom is driving, the dog gets shotgun... spoiled rotten I tell you!

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 11:22 AM
Aww! I love the picture, very cute. My dog will plop her huge head in my lap and give me her puppy eyes when she wants to be petted or played with. Also when my mom is driving, the dog gets shotgun... spoiled rotten I tell you!

Is you dog a Lab?

For those who didn't understand my Mini-Vader dog..heres a pic.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/VaderDog.jpg

Rey Rey 650
10-04-06, 11:46 AM
I have a chihuahua that weighs about 5lbs and sometimes Ill let her sleep on my bed. Well, when I give her the ok and put her on top of my bed she goes CRAZY. SHe starts running around in circles on top of my bed out of excitment.... Then when shes ready, shell go up to my blankets and go underneath them the whole night... Yea, I love twinkie

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 11:52 AM
I have a chihuahua that weighs about 5lbs and sometimes Ill let her sleep on my bed. Well, when I give her the ok and put her on top of my bed she goes CRAZY. SHe starts running around in circles on top of my bed out of excitment.... Then when shes ready, shell go up to my blankets and go underneath them the whole night... Yea, I love twinkie

Twinkie eh..those Chiuahuas are perverted Rey!!. Here's one having sex with a cat!!:eek:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/cat-dog.jpg

Rey Rey 650
10-04-06, 12:06 PM
Twinkie eh..those Chiuahuas are perverted Rey!!. Here's one having sex with a cat!!:eek:

LOL No way dude! the cat is having sex with the chihuahua..Looks forced...You can tell in the chihuahuas eyes haha

LittleB
10-04-06, 12:45 PM
Robert that picture of your dog in the bird bath is TOOO CUTE! I love dogs, they are so full of personality. I have a 6 lb Yorkie and boy is he something else lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/32201-Mybabyjustgotahaircut.jpg

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 12:49 PM
Robert that picture of your dog in the bird bath is TOOO CUTE! I love dogs, they are so full of personality. I have a 6 lb Yorkie and boy is he something else lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/MeganCFT/32201-Mybabyjustgotahaircut.jpg

So lil' B tell us a story about your Yorkie. He or She?

LittleB
10-04-06, 12:54 PM
So lil' B tell us a story about your Yorkie. He or She?

He, his name is JoJo! A story? Where to start lol. I guess I don't really have a story, it's more of funny little things he does. Every night at around the same time he decides to go crazy and run back and forth throughout the house like crazy. I think he does it to get a rise out of us because we always start laughing. He also likes to dig whenever he is on the bed. He moves the covers around, or goes up to a pillow and digs at it. It's so cute but I am not sure if he realizes that he isn't getting anywhere, since it isn't dirt LOL. When we give him treats he does this half ass sit that is so hilarious. He will drop his butt down so it touches the floor and as soon as it makes contact with the floor he stands back up. He gets so excited over the treat that he has a hard time staying in the sitting position. You should see this little guy tear up a toy like he's a pitbull. He is so funny and loving, I love that little guy!

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 01:04 PM
He, his name is JoJo! A story? Where to start lol. I guess I don't really have a story, it's more of funny little things he does. Every night at around the same time he decides to go crazy and run back and forth throughout the house like crazy. I think he does it to get a rise out of us because we always start laughing. He also likes to dig whenever he is on the bed. He moves the covers around, or goes up to a pillow and digs at it. It's so cute but I am not sure if he realizes that he isn't getting anywhere, since it isn't dirt LOL. When we give him treats he does this half ass sit that is so hilarious. He will drop his butt down so it touches the floor and as soon as it makes contact with the floor he stands back up. He gets so excited over the treat that he has a hard time staying in the sitting position. You should see this little guy tear up a toy like he's a pitbull. He is so funny and loving, I love that little guy!

JoJo and BJ would have fun together!! BJ runs the length of our house at 100mph. His back feet come up to the front of his head. This dog could win the Kentucky Derby! I think dogs like to fluff up their beds. Ever notice how they turn in a full circle before laying down? I read that its instinctive and serves to mash down the grasses for a bed.

I've also noticed small dogs have a "short" attitude and they try to make up for their smallness with lots a growling, barking and sniping. Big dogs ignore them though. Check this out!

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/myball.jpg

LittleB
10-04-06, 01:18 PM
That's exactly what JoJo does. He goes 100mph and it's just hilarious!! Yeah I think it's instinct for smaller dogs to have that tough guy attitude around other dogs. I read the same thing about turning around before they lay down. I swear I'll have to video tape him digging in the pillow, it's just hilarious and I wonder what he thinks he is accomplishing :histeric:

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 01:33 PM
That's exactly what JoJo does. He goes 100mph and it's just hilarious!! Yeah I think it's instinct for smaller dogs to have that tough guy attitude around other dogs. I read the same thing about turning around before they lay down. I swear I'll have to video tape him digging in the pillow, it's just hilarious and I wonder what he thinks he is accomplishing :histeric:

Are your pillows down filled? He may smell the Feathers?

DBA-One
10-04-06, 01:41 PM
My mix breed Casey sleeps on her back.

LittleB
10-04-06, 01:45 PM
Are your pillows down filled? He may smell the Feathers?

Nope....I could understand with the feathers but we just have regular pillows.

LittleB
10-04-06, 01:46 PM

That is too funny!

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 01:49 PM

Looks so weird doesn't it. BJ has long legs and when he sleeps on his back they are sticking up in the air. 2 may be bent and the other 2 might be straight. He's so large and he trys to sleep in our leather recliner beside our bed. His body is often in the chair but his neck and head hanging over the side with his nose touching the floor!:eek:

Rey Rey 650
10-04-06, 02:31 PM

Enjoy the laugh while your dog is still young...We also have a 3lb Applehead chihuahua that would do that all the time when she was younger...Shes 10 now :(

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 02:38 PM
Another shot of BJ at his pool!!:D Attack of the rubber ducky!! :bouncy:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/BJspool2.jpg

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 02:48 PM
Is you dog a Lab?

No my dog is a Wheaten Terrier, sadly I don't have an actually picture of her on my laptop. This is the closest I could find that looks like her.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/images/breeds/soft_coated_wheaten.jpg

Btw Little B, JoJo is adorable!!!!!

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 02:53 PM
No my dog is a Wheaten Terrier, sadly I don't have an actually picture of her on my laptop. This is the closest I could find that looks like her.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/images/breeds/soft_coated_wheaten.jpg

Give me an idea of her weight so I know how big she is. I'm not familiar with the bread but do know of other terriers.

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 02:57 PM
She's between 35-40 lbs. They're medium sized dogs. Its a hypoallergetic dog, since my father and siblings are allegeric to dogs.

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 03:23 PM
Here's CadillacETC1997's dog, Wicket the Shih Tzu
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/surovy2543/Miscellaneous/DSCN1158.jpg

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 03:24 PM
She's between 35-40 lbs. They're medium sized dogs. Its a hypoallergetic dog, since my father and siblings are allegeric to dogs.

Interesting. Do they shed much? My lab sheds like crazy!:mad:

ChicagoCTS32
10-04-06, 03:26 PM
Bob, is that a river running behind your house? Your deck looks nice... why aren't we having the meet there :D???

B, my friend rob has had 2 yorkies now and they both dig in his blankets and pillows. The first one he had, Lexus, used to put her snout down on the ground for balance then dig with both paws like mad. Lexus also used to clean my teeth for me. I would slouch down on his couch and open my mouth and let her lick my teeth... yes, I know it's gross and dog's lick themselves and eat poop, but it was really funny and tickled.

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 03:30 PM
No they practically don't shed at all which is great for my family

I know what you mean about labs. My dad had one and a german shepherd when I was very little. Eventually, the lab passed on and we got a dalmation. Then my two younger siblings were born and they got really bad allergies from the dander. Magnum, the german shepherd was at least 12 when she passed and we gave the dalmation to my grandfather. Then we moved to PA and we had to find a hypoallergetic dog and the wheaten terrier won.

RobertCTS
10-04-06, 03:39 PM
I would slouch down on his couch and open my mouth and let her lick my teeth... yes, I know it's gross and dog's lick themselves and eat poop, but it was really funny and tickled.

Chi,
That is so gross!!:vomit: Don't think of drinking from my beer stein Saturday!!!:annoyed: Actually I think all dogs would do that if you let them. BJ ets in my face and smells my breath looking for food. God Chi, that's like french kissing your dog. Ugggggh!

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 03:42 PM
B, my friend rob has had 2 yorkies now and they both dig in his blankets and pillows. The first one he had, Lexus, used to put her snout down on the ground for balance then dig with both paws like mad. Lexus also used to clean my teeth for me. I would slouch down on his couch and open my mouth and let her lick my teeth... yes, I know it's gross and dog's lick themselves and eat poop, but it was really funny and tickled.

I hope you brush your teeth for your gf/wife's sake
I let my dog lick my face sometimes but not my teeth

ChicagoCTS32
10-04-06, 04:05 PM
Dogs mouths are antiseptic... relax!

Rey Rey 650
10-04-06, 04:43 PM
^ Yea, I heard that there cleaner then humans mouths.... So it tickles huh chicago lol

ChicagoCTS32
10-04-06, 08:27 PM
Yorkies little heads can almost get inside of my massive yapper... kinda killed the thread didn't I :D

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 08:55 PM
hahaha sort of... its alright

LittleB
10-04-06, 10:14 PM

Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Interesting. Do they shed much? My lab sheds like crazy!:mad:

My dog doesn't shed. A lot of the smaller breeds don't shed. JoJo basically has like real hair, and it has to be cut. You can't find a single hair of his in my house and I LOVEEEEE it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's so funny! I mean I know they are terriers, so of course they wanna dig....just not sure why he chooses pillows lol, and he never digs outside. I guess that's good because then he doesn't get dirty. Oh and I know all abou the licking. I don't let JoJo lick my teeth but I let him give me kisses on my face all the time. :bouncy:

CadillacGurl
10-05-06, 12:41 AM
Terriers are known diggers. My dog likes to dig in the mulch for the poor helpless moles and my dad's really not thrilled about it (neither am I since I always seem to be the victim outside with her when she catches moles and sits infront of me showing me the squirming mole in her jaws). Come to think about it, my dog has digged on our couch pillows.

Elvis
10-05-06, 09:10 PM
I got "Office Cat's" ashes back today. :(

I put her on my desk, under the lamp, like always. And always will be.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6082/officecatua9.jpg

LittleB
10-05-06, 10:38 PM
Awwww Elvis :( that's so sad...

CadillacGurl
10-05-06, 10:41 PM
Awwww Elvis :( that's so sad...

:yeah: I'm sorry Elvis

RobertCTS
10-06-06, 05:58 AM
I got "Office Cat's" ashes back today. :(

I put her on my desk, under the lamp, like always. And always will be

I cremated Black Jack too. Couldn't bring myself to bury the bastard.:(

RobertCTS
10-06-06, 06:18 AM
BJ make a nice lap dog!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/lapdog.jpg

RobertCTS
10-06-06, 06:22 AM
Any of you come home to something like this?:D

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/pets.jpg

Elvis
10-06-06, 09:46 AM
Any of you come home to something like this?:D

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/pets.jpg

When I had a black lab, I saw that a LOT! :histeric:

The only dog I had that was anywhere near as destructive was my springer spaniel, Gracie. She grew out of it sooner.

The last black lab we had was extremely hyperactive. She also had a severe case of separation anxiety. We eventually had to buy a big kennel/crate to keep her in when we were away.

It did wonders for her outlook, too. It was her secure, safe place. Unfortunately she got cancer and died four years ago this week. :( She was only four years old.

But everything's okay and happy now!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3417/threeboosonthebigbed7qn.jpg
Byron, Cotton, & Ben

dp102288
10-06-06, 10:04 AM
Wow. Your all of your pets are so cute!

Elvis, sorry again man.

RobertCTS
10-06-06, 10:09 AM
Speaking of dogs..some hunting dogs are really stupid!:annoyed: Find the Fox Boys!!:D

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/dog-fox.jpg

DBA-One
10-06-06, 11:05 AM
I've come home to a mess like that. Casey will get in the trash if it is left out a get it every where. When we first got her about ten years ago we came home from work to find the entire house trashed. She even broke the coffee pot. She nearly went back to the pound for that. For years we had to keep her in a crate while at work so she wouldn't tear everything up.

One other funny thing about her is her "stomach 'gina" When she sits ip her stomach has a crease and it looks like a huge "woman area" For a ten year old dog, she is still something of a wild ass but she is a very smart dog. Her best quality though is how good she is with kids. My one year old tortures that poor dog but she just takes it in stride.

CadillacGurl
10-06-06, 11:11 AM
Hehe when my dog was a puppy she ripped up some good cushions from "digging", my mom was furious.

Gibby, our wheaten terrier, will run up and down the pool length + bark insanly when someone goes under water. One time she was running so fast she didn't see the lip of the pool and fell in the deep end. She can't swim so I had to go in the pool, grab her and pull her out. I remember having some nice gashes on my arms from the dog scratching me in panic.

Her best quality though is how good she is with kids. My one year old tortures that poor dog but she just takes it in stride.

A friend of mine has a younger brother who is disabled. Gibby stayed glued by his side the whole time and knew not to jump on him like a maniac. Creepy how dogs recognize those things...

RobertCTS
10-06-06, 11:19 AM
Hehe when my dog was a puppy she ripped up some good cushions from "digging", my mom was furious.

Gibby, our wheaten terrier, will run up and down the pool length + bark insanly when someone goes under water. One time she was running so fast she didn't see the lip of the pool and fell in the deep end. She can't swim so I had to go in the pool, grab her and pull her out. I remember having some nice gashes on my arms from the dog scratching me in panic.

What!!? Gibby didn't know the "Dog Paddle"?

We have a breezeway that I use to chain BJ when we were gone. We have a mat at the doorway and I put a rug for him to lay on. Needless to say he destroyed both the mat and his bedding. I bought a heavy duty commercial mat with a rubber bottom and carpet on top. I thought I out smarted him.:yup:
I'll be damned if he didn'd shred that too. So I did a Google and found some neat cast aluminum stylish mats. I won this time!!!:D

CadillacGurl
10-06-06, 11:35 AM
What!!? Gibby didn't know the "Dog Paddle"?

We have a breezeway that I use to chain BJ when we were gone. We have a mat at the doorway and I put a rug for him to lay on. Needless to say he destroyed both the mat and his bedding. I bought a heavy duty commercial mat with a rubber bottom and carpet on top. I thought I out smarted him.:yup:
I'll be damned if he didn'd shred that too. So I did a Google and found some neat cast aluminum stylish mats. I won this time!!!:D

No dog paddle, she dealt with my dad who looks like a mafia hit man. I'll admit I'm even afraid fo my dad. Just one stare down and Gibby went yelping away.

My dog loves jumping on people. Problem is she gets a little too excited and pees on the visitor. We have yet to fix this problem....

Leeb
10-08-06, 06:34 AM

But seriously... they're just 'good friends'...:histeric:

Elvis
10-08-06, 09:12 AM
Yeah, right. Friends with benefits.