: Lets discuss baseball.

Jesda
10-04-06, 08:10 AM
Yankees suck. Flame on! :want: :)

Looks like its all New York for the series.

P-Funk
10-04-06, 09:39 AM
All New York? Nope. Cards and Tigers. :hide:

dp102288
10-04-06, 09:51 AM
Death to thee who doubts the great power that lies within the Yankees!

CadillacSTS42005
10-04-06, 10:23 AM
lets not and say that we did
2nd most boring sport to watch
1st is watching golf

madooch
10-04-06, 10:27 AM
lets go YANKEES the bronx bombers all the way

CadillacGurl
10-04-06, 10:33 AM
Haha yankees are decent, I'm torn between the Cubbies and Soxs

AirJigga25
10-04-06, 12:06 PM
Stinking yankees 1-9 order last night, every player had been an all star. Cano and Matsui were the only ones with 2 or less all star appearances.

the twins might beat them though, they just need to win one game at yankee stadium and the yanks suck at the metrodome

DILLIGAF
10-04-06, 01:42 PM
I hope the queen knights Sir Jeter,5 for 5, 2 singles,2 doubles,and a nail in the coffin HOMER.The Tigers have had a great year,and to top it off they get to take the field with the Yankees,i'm sure thats good enough for them,quite an accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AirJigga25
10-04-06, 04:40 PM
Yankees fan from Kansas.... u r probably a cowboys and bulls fan too

Rey Rey 650
10-04-06, 04:46 PM
If Barry Bonds gets traded to the yankees im going to throw up

gary88
10-04-06, 04:49 PM
I only really watch when the Sox play, and now that they aren't going to the playoffs I don't really care much. I'll most likely end up watching the World Series though.

AirJigga25
10-04-06, 05:07 PM
Jesda,,,,where's the discussion....discuss!

A's just went up 2-0 in the series with the twinkies.

FRANK THOMAS used to be my favorite player along with kirby pucket when i was a little guy. Now my favorite player is none other than David "i refuse to call him big papi" Ortiz.

PS- Yankees suck.

DILLIGAF
10-04-06, 05:16 PM
Yankees fan from Kansas.... u r probably a cowboys and bulls fan too
Chiefs fan,basketball sucks,lets face it,The New York Yankees are baseball.Cut your hair,shave your face or go home,lets play ball.:want:

Boombotz
10-04-06, 09:51 PM
:yeah:

DILLIGAF
10-04-06, 10:00 PM
Rain delays suck!

AirJigga25
10-04-06, 10:06 PM
Chiefs fan,basketball sucks,lets face it,The New York Yankees are baseball.Cut your hair,shave your face or go home,lets play ball.:want:

man, the bandwagon fans are worse than the real yankee fans. The Yankees are everything thats wrong with baseball. Salary cap please.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-04-06, 10:08 PM
Goooooo Twins!!

I'm sick of the Yankees always being in the World Series.

DILLIGAF
10-04-06, 10:57 PM
South Park Rocked,the only reason people hate the Yankees

1.New Yorkers suck!

Enjoy the series,these yanks might be the best team ever assembled(or bought)(who cares)!

Salary caps?whats the point?Let the best team with the biggest market and highest salarys beat up on the world.The highest honor in baseball is to put on the pinstripes(always has been,always will be)pick up a sports almanac,you might be able to find one in Maine.If not google Amazon

Jesda
10-05-06, 01:34 AM
Whoops! Didnt realize there was already a baseball thread (Tigers).

PUJOLS > *

nyyankeehater
10-05-06, 07:15 AM
Yankees rule! :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

... the underworld.

AirJigga25
10-05-06, 08:59 AM
South Park Rocked,the only reason people hate the Yankees

1.New Yorkers suck!

Enjoy the series,these yanks might be the best team ever assembled(or bought)(who cares)!

Salary caps?whats the point?Let the best team with the biggest market and highest salarys beat up on the world.The highest honor in baseball is to put on the pinstripes(always has been,always will be)pick up a sports almanac,you might be able to find one in Maine.If not google Amazon

I know far more about baseball history and the New York Yankees than you might realize. Being a yankee is not the highest honor in baseball, I don't know where you get that from. Being elected to the hall of fame or winning a world series might rank a little higher in my book. In Conclusion, you're wrong.

The point of a salary cap would be to make baseball interesting to fans in every city with a franchise. They should basically copy the NFL and make contracts unguaranteed and call it the Kevin Brown rule.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-05-06, 09:31 AM
I know far more about baseball history and the New York Yankees than you might realize. Being a yankee is not the highest honor in baseball, I don't know where you get that from. Being elected to the hall of fame or winning a world series might rank a little higher in my book. In Conclusion, you're wrong.

Well wouldn't you wanna be chosen to play for the team with the highest salary? Being chosen to play on a team with one of the best standing records in modern time certainly would be one hell of a priveledge in my book! A world series of being elected into the hall of fame would be better than playing for the Yankees though.

Elvis
10-05-06, 10:47 AM
I don't hate the Yankees. They're probably the greatest franchise in all of sports history. The Celtics run a close second.

I've always been a Joe Torre fan, going back to 1970 or 71. He's a great guy. Once he leaves the Yankees I probably won't care about them anymore.

I've been a Tigers fan since 1968. Your baseball team isn't something you choose. It's something that's given to you. Through the years I've cheered for the Big Red Machine, Dodger Blue, and even the Red Sox. But the Tigers were always MY team.

This year has been a MIRACLE. Nobody expected them to win more than 80 games. A third place finish would've been phenomenal. But since about August 8th, my boyz have been running on fumes. It's a combination of youth getting mentally burned out plus a couple key injuries.

The best pitching staff in baseball has a 23-year old rookie, a 23-year old veteran, a 21-year-old reliever with a howitzer arm, and a 42-year-old lefty who usually fails down the stretch. The best pitcher they had (imo) has been out with bone spur surgery since May.

Somehow they held on. Rodriguez, Ordonez, Polanco, and Guillen are all top three in the league at their positions, and they're all hitting over .290.

There's a center fielder on the way named Cameron Maybin who has the potential to be mentioned in the same breath as Willie Mays.

Chris Shelton started the season hitting .460 and had about a dozen home runs in his first ten games. Then he hit a brick wall. He'll be back next year, it was just a mental thing.

Verlander & Bonderman are both future Cy Young candidates. Zumaya will be a deadly closer someday. The future looks really bright in Motown.

But this Yankees team may be among the best ever. I'll be pulling for them if they knock my guys out.

Elvis
10-05-06, 10:55 AM
Being a yankee is not the highest honor in baseball, I don't know where you get that from.

I have to agree with that.

It's phrased incorrectly. Players feel honored when selected to play for the Yankees and a lot of them want to be traded there someday.

Not many other teams have that aura or reputation. About a dozen have a tradition, like the Red Sox, Pirates, Dodgers, certainly the Cardinals.

Not the D-Rays or the Rockies.

AirJigga25
10-05-06, 11:29 AM
Al Kaline picked up me and my dad hitchhiking in 1986 in Northern Michigan. True Story. Kaline was my dad's favorite player. I hardly remember it because i was about 6. Thought u'd find that interesting elvis.

Denny Mclaine...last to win 30. We have a picture of the 1968 detroit tigers and the 2004 boston red sox at me 'rents house. My old man's team and my team.

PS- The Rocket picked houston over the yankees. So did Petitte.

P-Funk
10-05-06, 11:32 AM
PUJOLS > *

:yeah:

:shhh: I heard he will be an Astro next year. :gossip: Something about a trade for Biggio and Jason Lane. :o :leaving:

DILLIGAF
10-05-06, 01:39 PM
The point of a salary cap would be to make baseball interesting to fans in every city with a franchise. They should basically copy the NFL and make contracts unguaranteed and call it the Kevin Brown rule.
If you want to sell out a ball park quick,bring the Yankees to town,it's just the way it is.The more money you pay the more player loyalty you have.I don't care who gets in the series,I'll be going for the national league team,I hate the DH.Why do people care how much players make?If you have the money to spend,reward the players.Gripe about Oprah or Bill Gates.:highfive:

Elvis
10-05-06, 02:18 PM
Cool story, AJ.

rp, I hate the DH too. I hate having SIX divisions. I hate the wildcard too, even though my guys would be sitting at home right now without it.

I DON'T want a salary cap. I DON'T want instant replay. I HATE DOMES and retractable roofs, and I HATE these new band box arenas where even I could hit a home run in batting practice.

I miss Tiger Stadium, old Busch Stadium, and even old Comiskey Park.

I hate that they lowered the pitcher's mound.

I think 154 games is enough and playing 162 completely screwed up the record books.

And I think that the World Series should be over by October 15th at the LATEST.

What's next? Aluminum bats?

Boombotz
10-05-06, 02:29 PM
Lets Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Detroit leads now 1-0 top of the 4th but it wont last!

EDIT: 3-1 Yankees top of the 5th! YEA!!!!!!!!!!

DILLIGAF
10-05-06, 05:19 PM
Cool story, AJ.

rp, I hate the DH too. I hate having SIX divisions. I hate the wildcard too, even though my guys would be sitting at home right now without it.

I DON'T want a salary cap. I DON'T want instant replay. I HATE DOMES and retractable roofs, and I HATE these new band box arenas where even I could hit a home run in batting practice.

I miss Tiger Stadium, old Busch Stadium, and even old Comiskey Park.

I think 154 games is enough and playing 162 completely screwed up the record books.

And I think that the World Series should be over by October 15th at the LATEST.

How about lights at Wrigley:nono: some things should stay the same.Theres nothing better than a cool summer evening with a loaded up hot dog,a cold beer and baseball.I love the game:worship:

P-Funk
10-05-06, 05:33 PM
rp, I hate the DH too.

:werd:
I agree with those. I think the DH is ridiculous. There is a lot more strategy involved without the DH.

Elvis
10-05-06, 06:16 PM
Here's another one--the winner of the all-star game gets home field advantage for their league in the World Series.

If you look at the history of the all-star game, you'll see streaks where one league dominates the other. It's not fair. They should either alternate like they used to, or take ALL of the interleague games into account.

Basing it on one stupid exhibition game makes no sense, particularly when buddy-boy-Bud called it a draw a few years ago. I'll celebrate when Selig retires. He's bad for the integrity of the game, we don't even have to mention Balco.

Elvis
10-08-06, 01:14 AM
Buck O'Neil, one of the classiest men on the face of the planet has left us.

Buck O’Neil, Negro Leagues Pioneer, Is Dead at 94 - New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/sports/baseball/07oneil.html?em&ex=1160452800&en=ccf58f5c2ae8b59a&ei=5087%0A)

He was a great ambassador for the game. When he got to heaven, he probably sought out people like Ty Cobb and Mountain Landis so he could shake their hands and say "no hard feelings, fellas, all is forgiven."

Then again, Ty Cobb probably ain't up there. Like Shoeless Joe said in Field of Dreams, "none of us could stand the sonofabitch when he was alive, so we told him to stick it!"

Buck's playing a twin bill with Satchel and Josh tonight.

slk230mb
10-08-06, 01:41 AM
Buck O'Neil, one of the classiest men on the face of the planet has left us.

Buck O’Neil, Negro Leagues Pioneer, Is Dead at 94 - New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/sports/baseball/07oneil.html?em&ex=1160452800&en=ccf58f5c2ae8b59a&ei=5087%0A)

He was a great ambassador for the game. When he got to heaven, he probably sought out people like Ty Cobb and Mountain Landis so he could shake their hands and say "no hard feelings, fellas, all is forgiven."

Then again, Ty Cobb probably ain't up there. Like Shoeless Joe said in Field of Dreams, "none of us could stand the sonofabitch when he was alive, so we told him to stick it!"

Buck's playing a twin bill with Satchel and Josh tonight.

He should have been inducted into the Hall of Fame with the other 17 negro leaguers.