: Choke

GenoTheLowrider
10-03-06, 09:39 PM
I am having problems with the choke on my 89 Brougham. In the mornings when I start it, it engages but I cannot get it to turn off. I press the gas continuously, and nothing happens. Only after I put the car in gear and drive off does it actually disengage. This just started happening last week, does anyone know any sort of remdy to this prob?

Johnny Bravo
10-03-06, 11:21 PM
I am having problems with the choke on my 89 Brougham. In the mornings when I start it, it engages but I cannot get it to turn off. I press the gas continuously, and nothing happens. Only after I put the car in gear and drive off does it actually disengage. This just started happening last week, does anyone know any sort of remdy to this prob?

If it's the Olds 307 engine the first thing I would check is the primary choke pull-off, a common problem.

GenoTheLowrider
10-04-06, 07:13 AM
Where exactly can I find that, I am not exactly sure myself???

Johnny Bravo
10-04-06, 07:49 PM
It's the metal diaphram on the passenger side front corner of the carb, fastened by two screws with a linkage out the back.

I'd buy one from an auto parts store with a friendly return policy like Advance Auto, etc, if it helps great, if not return it and post back.
Sometimes the choke linkage gets gummed up as well, but I'd eliminate the pull-off first.