: Verizon V3C and STS bluetooth

macklobell
10-03-06, 07:45 PM
I have been having a problem with the recipient of my calls saying that they are echoing when they talk..I read the threads on this and upgraded the software as advised but this didn't seem to take care of the problem...Today, Verizon replaced the phone with the same model with the current firmware and the problem is even worse. I was at the dealers today and they indicated that it had to be the phone because the onstar worked and also was crystal clear when making calls with my onstar minutes...Is anyone else having an ongoing problem like this? Are there any known verizon phones that worked perfectly with the bluetooh in the STS? Thanks in advance.:bigroll:

ascariSTS
10-03-06, 11:40 PM
I read that somewhere here ... but anyway to see if the problem is with your phone or not, check another model... say Nokia... if the problem exists, then maybe Cadillac dealer has to check the car's mic

Cajonkev
10-04-06, 01:20 PM
There are a couple of threads specific to this already but I too have this issue and have with ALL Bluetooth phones I have tried (15 models - Don't ask, it's a very long story).

My last two were a Verizon V3C and now a Moto Q.

OnStar works without echo and I am convinced it is an issue with the vehicle Bluetooth set-up. Mindful they used the 1.1 standard I believe and it has never worked well since introduction.

Some have been fortunate but there are a great many who have echoissues and more than a few with pairing, handshake and/or failure to mute concerns. It hits all phones and carriers.

My Q has worked better than anything else so far with it but the echo is a constant issue and I finally added the car to my Verizon plan to share minutes and use the built-in phone.

I also keep the firmware up on the phone and run the *228 roaming/programming option monthly.

Good luck!

Wiseguy2
10-07-06, 02:39 AM
Verizon phones can be a real PITA with BT. Try finding a Nokia 6256i

STSSISU
10-08-06, 06:54 PM
As I noted in another post--I have a Treo 700P with Verizon and it works great with the Bluetooth in my 2005 STS.

Cajonkev
10-09-06, 01:28 PM
Verizon 700P's and W's can have issues too unfortunately (in other threads).

As noted in many threads it really is a "luck of the draw" as to whether an owner gets lucky with their handset/vehicle combo.

Since this thread is specific to the "echo" issue. It is also worthy to note that this issue is very common and GM TechLine has a note in their system on it with comments that it is an engineering issue (At least according to my. SM).

macklobell
10-09-06, 10:35 PM
I went to my local verizon store today and had the bluetooth rep. try to install various models...The new KRZR was slightly better than my RAZR but still had an echo...The TREO didn't have an echo but sounded distorted...Also, I tend to hear a faint noise in the background when ONSTAR is in use...Does anyone else experience this?...Aparantley, all new 2007 GM vehicles have a new onstar hardware system...

Cajonkev
10-10-06, 12:47 AM
2006 and beyond GM's are all Gen 6 OnStar. Some 05's (Not STS's) were as well.

STS for 05 was "Digital Ready" and required(s) a module change along with the rear-view mirror to Gen 6 standard.

No word on the background noise with On*. Mine at least sounds clean.