: New Colormatched Rims! Watcha Think?

05stslvr
10-03-06, 06:08 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/05stslvr/KIF_2140.jpg

c5 rv
10-03-06, 08:10 PM
Not my cup of tea, but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be when I clicked here.

Jesda
10-04-06, 04:06 AM
I agree with C5 rv.

netrave
10-04-06, 10:01 AM
i think you need to add the E&G Body kit on it, and it would look SWEEEEEET!!!

05stslvr
10-05-06, 11:07 AM
i think you need to add the E&G Body kit on it, and it would look SWEEEEEET!!!

If I did add a kit, it would be the D3 kit. I like both but i like the D3 better. Thanks for the comment.

I think the rims appeal more to younger people. Everybody that I have spoken to say they like the rims except for the two posts above.

997tt
10-05-06, 05:48 PM
Please repaint them and try again.
May I suggest full black?

To each their own.

tedasaurus
10-05-06, 06:48 PM
I think your rims look great. Ignore the conservatives around here. Nice job!

malatu
10-05-06, 08:40 PM
... but he asked for one's opinion. Don't ask the question if ya don't want a true answer....

Boombotz
10-05-06, 08:58 PM
I'm not feeling it.
But its yours and not mine. :thumbsup:

c5 rv
10-05-06, 11:07 PM
Ignore the conservatives around here.

There's a title I wear with pride. Oh, this isn't the political forum...

xxcaddytech
10-07-06, 10:31 AM
i see a black sts w/black wheel centers and a chrome lip on i575 (n atl) in the am... sweet looking ride. needs a black grill now! i like a car that does not look like eveyone elses. thats why i bought an awd w/the 18's you never see them in atl..

Dr. Design
10-09-06, 02:36 PM
Hello,
Looks good! Give us a call when you want to lower it.
Thanks,

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/05stslvr/KIF_2140.jpg

jmauceri
10-10-06, 12:35 PM
Not my cup of tea, but they aren't as bad as I thought they'd be when I clicked here.

My thoughts exactly.

05stslvr
10-14-06, 03:40 PM
Hello,
Looks good! Give us a call when you want to lower it.
Thanks,

Is lowering the car going to void my warrenty somehow? Or is it ok? Should I have a GM dealer do it? Or is it something me and my a friend who happens to be a good mechanic but specializes if mercedes and beemers could do. BTW D3, what do they go for and how much do they drop.

Dr. Design
10-19-06, 07:29 PM
Hello,
No, lowering your vehicle will not void your warranty. As a matter of fact we have been working with various Cadillac dealerships and lowering their vehicles as an option. You can certainly try to have your Cadillac dealer install the springs. However there are a few old school Cadillac dealerships out there that frown upon modifying Cadillacs. MSRP on the springs are $375 plus shipping and they are listed as a 2" drop. In reality they only lower the car about an 1"-1.5". Install can be done by anyone mechanically inclined and should only take a few hours to complete. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Is lowering the car going to void my warrenty somehow? Or is it ok? Should I have a GM dealer do it? Or is it something me and my a friend who happens to be a good mechanic but specializes if mercedes and beemers could do. BTW D3, what do they go for and how much do they drop.

05stslvr
10-23-06, 12:30 PM
Hello,
No, lowering your vehicle will not void your warranty. As a matter of fact we have been working with various Cadillac dealerships and lowering their vehicles as an option. You can certainly try to have your Cadillac dealer install the springs. However there are a few old school Cadillac dealerships out there that frown upon modifying Cadillacs. MSRP on the springs are $375 plus shipping and they are listed as a 2" drop. In reality they only lower the car about an 1"-1.5". Install can be done by anyone mechanically inclined and should only take a few hours to complete. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Thanks for your help. I will definatly call you when i decide to lower the car.

Dr. Design
10-23-06, 06:40 PM
Sounds good! You know where to reach us.
Thank you,

Thanks for your help. I will definatly call you when i decide to lower the car.

nctrader
10-24-06, 10:40 PM
Truly sick! I like em!

05stslvr
10-25-06, 10:57 AM
Truly sick! I like em!

Thanks! Its good to hear some positive comments about the car here. Everywhere i go everybody loves the way it looks, except for here. I guess the "cadillac conservatives" dont like personalizing there cars.

06STSgirl
10-28-06, 10:13 PM
Thanks! Its good to hear some positive comments about the car here. Everywhere i go everybody loves the way it looks, except for here. I guess the "cadillac conservatives" dont like personalizing there cars.

I think you need to do-you sweetheart. It seems like you assume that people are obligated to tell you what you want to hear (which is that the rims look cool). If "you" like them, then that's all that matters. But you don't seem to take criticism very well & you appear to put alot of stock into what other people think about you/what you own. I personally don't care for them either (I'm not hating, I just don't like them), the style of the rims doesn't compliment the car well at all and red/chrome just isn't a good look to me. You'd have done better getting full color-matched rims with just a chrome lip. That would have been hard. I also have 20" chromes on mine and I'm not old either, so it's not just grandma's and grandpa's on here that aren't feeling them. You asked for everyones "opinion" of them (which means good or bad) and some people just don't like them the way you do, including myself. Gotta grow some thicker skin sweety. Make yourself happy before everybody else. On the up-side, I think if you painted your grille body-colored or got the "V" style grille it would look alot better (not to mention the D3 bodykit). I had my grille painted at the dealership before I even took delivery and it looks alot cleaner. All stock STS (non-V) grilles should be body-colored IMO.

malatu
10-29-06, 09:01 AM
I think you need to do-you sweetheart. It seems like you assume that people are obligated to tell you what you want to hear (which is that the rims look cool). If "you" like them, then that's all that matters. But you don't seem to take criticism very well & you appear to put alot of stock into what other people think about you/what you own. I personally don't care for them either (I'm not hating, I just don't like them), the style of the rims doesn't compliment the car well at all and red/chrome just isn't a good look to me. You'd have done better getting full color-matched rims with just a chrome lip. That would have been hard. I also have 20" chromes on mine and I'm not old either, so it's not just grandma's and grandpa's on here that aren't feeling them. You asked for everyones "opinion" of them (which means good or bad) and some people just don't like them the way you do, including myself. Gotta grow some thicker skin sweety. Make yourself happy before everybody else. On the up-side, I think if you painted your grille body-colored or got the "V" style grille it would look alot better (not to mention the D3 bodykit). I had my grille painted at the dealership before I even took delivery and it looks alot cleaner. All stock STS (non-V) grilles should be body-colored IMO.

Ditto!

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the questions.

997tt
10-29-06, 03:50 PM
LOL, i just turned 22. Im all up for personalizing my car. But those rims, imo, are awful. With out the red, and even worse with the color-matching.

there are few cars where color matching rims look good, e.g. orange pearl gallardo/911 GT3 RS
not many people can pull it off, unless you consider black rims, which are like an alternative to silver.
i saw theses rims color matched to a blue intrepid, looked just as bad, so no offence.
enthusiasts are much more complicated people to satisfy because they have seen a lot. Those people on the street who compliment you, no offence, but probably no very little about current/upcoming vehicles.

The trick is to make the car look like it came out of a factory but at the same time being exacly what you want it to be. That's what we 'enthusiasts' like.

take that into consideration if you want 'us' to like what you've done to your car.

now do us all a favor www.tirerack.com, and pick up a set of ASA's for cheap. you already have the tires, so that's good.

GL

05stslvr
10-30-06, 10:51 AM

For the record they are color matched. The picture doesn't do the color justice. Thanks for the opinion.

05stslvr
10-30-06, 10:52 AM
Ditto!

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the questions.

Kiss my ass, smartass. If you dont have anything better to say dont say it.

05stslvr
10-30-06, 11:02 AM
Moderator please close this thread, I don't want this to get bad. I thank everyone for there opinion.

END OF DISCUSSION.

malatu
10-30-06, 06:40 PM
Kiss my ass, smartass. If you dont have anything better to say dont say it.

Sorry I offended you... not my intention. But my advise still stands. (But I'll re-phrase it) If you're going to solicite everyone's opinion, be prepared for both the folks who share your views and the others who don't.

It is evident you really didn't want to hear from anyone who didn't like your wheels. Because some folks here don't share your opinion, you write "the cadillac conservatives dont like personalizing there cars." Please understand, we didn't ask your opinion obout us. 06stsgirls provides some valuable wisdom in her post.