: Isn't the NAV DVD National?

jadon1
10-03-06, 02:09 PM
The reason I ask is that on a recent trip to the East Coast (I'm in Ohio) the system would not recognize addresses in DC and Maryland that I know exist and have existed for years. ( I have a '04) Its not limited to residential addresses either...it wont find popular hotels, landmarks or anything. These are locations that are not new so I don't think the issue has to do with me not having the latest NAV disc. When I put in the street or city name, it only seems to look in my tri state area. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

rackey
10-03-06, 03:03 PM
I have an 05 and is national in coverage. However, for a given address I need to define which "region" it is in. The disk breaks up the data into groups of states and then only looks in that region that is currently choosen. I suspect that when you went to the east coast that the sytem was looking for the address and/or landmark in the Ohio region. Look at the set up screen/menu and redefine the region to look in and I believe the data will be there.

Interestingly when I am crossing regions the map address and landmark detail seems to remain active within the region of origin as well as the region of my destination.

jadon1
10-03-06, 03:40 PM
Excelllent rackey! Thanks for the reply. I guess I should crack upen the manual once in a while!