: Chicago Weather....... :(

kali_cts03
10-02-06, 11:29 PM
How you Chicago guys/gals dealing with all the damn rain out in the Chicago area???

My pops called me just a little while ago and all their cars are flooded in the Arlighton Hightes area where he lives!!! :rant2: WTF!!! And I just helped my father get the damn car 2 months ago when I was there.... he's pissed as a MOFO!!! :mad:

I'm pretty sure I'll here more great stories from my family tomorrow.... anybody on here getting the same crap???

Jesda
10-02-06, 11:43 PM
How you Chicago guys/gals dealing with all the damn rain out in the Chicago area???

My pops called me just a little while ago and all their cars are flooded in the Arlighton Hightes area where he lives!!! :rant2: WTF!!! And I just helped my father get the damn car 2 months ago when I was there.... he's pissed as a MOFO!!! :mad:

I'm pretty sure I'll here more great stories from my family tomorrow.... anybody on here getting the same crap???

Holy CRAP!

gary88
10-03-06, 12:03 AM
We just got BOMBARDED with rain all day long. Unbelievable. It was at it's worst about an hour and a half ago, probably one of the strongest storms i've ever been in. Even had some hail earlier in the day. We're under severe t-storm watch and flash flood watch. We have a creek in our backyard, so it should be interesting to see how much it raised tomorrow. I'll take pics :thumbsup:

Good thing I didn't wash my car yesterday.

Here's a pic I just took from inside, this is the smaller ditch next to the house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06736.jpg

kali_cts03
10-03-06, 12:39 AM
We just got BOMBARDED with rain all day long. Unbelievable. It was at it's worst about an hour and a half ago, probably one of the strongest storms i've ever been in. Even had some hail earlier in the day. We're under severe t-storm watch and flash flood watch. We have a creek in our backyard, so it should be interesting to see how much it raised tomorrow. I'll take pics :thumbsup:

Good thing I didn't wash my car yesterday.

Here's a pic I just took from inside, this is the smaller ditch next to the house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06736.jpg

is your car okay? and how about your basement??? this freaken sucks, my crib is getting fuked up for sure!!! :crybaby:

kali_cts03
10-03-06, 12:41 AM
do any of you know if insurance covers water damage to a car???

boricuacaddy
10-03-06, 07:18 AM
We been having some nasty weather lately. Last night we got hit hard again. The power in my neighborhood went out around 8:00pm last night. I heard this morning it was a record rainfall for Chicago. I love rain but this is ridiculous!

David

EcSTSatic
10-03-06, 07:33 AM
Send some our way. We're having to pull sailboats out of the lake before they get stuck on the bottom in the slips. Sailing season is over for me now. :crybaby:

dp102288
10-03-06, 08:29 AM
Some friends called me and told me they are scared for all their stuff. Said it was getting pretty rough before. Hope everyone there is okay.

Brett
10-03-06, 08:38 AM
I grew up in Arlington Heights

ChicagoCTS32
10-03-06, 09:49 AM
It was pretty wild. The west branch of the dupage river runs right in front of my apartment building and it had spilled the banks this morning on my way to work. It wasn't up over the road or anything, but it was WELL above normal. I also have a few retention ponds that were about 2-3 feet above normal. There were a few trees growing out of the water that used to be on land. Fun stuff! I got to drive through it last night to go rescue someone (way more boring than it sounds).

BCs71
10-03-06, 12:46 PM
In the far north burbs we had a spinning rotation in a storm that resembled the beginnings of a tornado, it passed right through my neighborhood pretty much but went out over the lake and dispersed apparently.

Crisis averted.

Thank goodness for my garage, don't have to worry about anything other than a tree falling on it.

More storms coming this afternoon, brace yourself, fellas.

CadillacGurl
10-03-06, 01:05 PM
For once I'm glad I'm in Pitt. I go to DePaul University in Lincoln Park (right outside of Chicago) and I flew into Pitt for the weekend. My roomie has been telling me about the rain and her house's basement got some water damage. She lives in the suburbs... My family has a house out in Downers Grove, hopefully it doesn't have any damage or my parents are gonna be ticked when they come in this weekend.

In the far north burbs we had a spinning rotation in a storm that resembled the beginnings of a tornado, it passed right through my neighborhood pretty much but went out over the lake and dispersed apparently.

Another thing I'm glad about, I'm not near tonadoes (well for like 2 more days)... I have a great phobia of those demons...:crying: I've been through the whole tornado siren, running into the basement, and crying like a baby about 7 times in 9 years when I lived in Westmont

LUVMY04V
10-03-06, 03:38 PM
it was raining sideways by my house D-town (dekalb) YouTube - Ollie Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZAWt8ZdZsU)

at the end of this sketch it tells dekalbs exact forcast from last night :thumbsup:

Adam
10-03-06, 03:41 PM
it was raining sideways by my house D-town (dekalb) YouTube - Ollie Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZAWt8ZdZsU)

at the end of this sketch it tells dekalbs exact forcast from last night :thumbsup:

Wow Luv, welcome to the lounge!

ChicagoCTS32
10-03-06, 03:47 PM
For once I'm glad I'm in Pitt. I go to DePaul University in Lincoln Park (right outside of Chicago) and I flew into Pitt for the weekend. My roomie has been telling me about the rain and her house's basement got some water damage. She lives in the suburbs... My family has a house out in Downers Grove, hopefully it doesn't have any damage or my parents are gonna be ticked when they come in this weekend.

Another thing I'm glad about, I'm not near tonadoes (well for like 2 more days)... I have a great phobia of those demons...:crying: I've been through the whole tornado siren, running into the basement, and crying like a baby about 7 times in 9 years when I lived in Westmont
That's funny... I live in Lisle, work in downers grove, and go to lunch in westmont about once a week... :)

CadillacGurl
10-03-06, 04:08 PM
That's funny... I live in Lisle, work in downers grove, and go to lunch in westmont about once a week... :)

A small world isn't it? Haha

LUVMY04V
10-03-06, 04:36 PM
Wow Luv, welcome to the lounge!thanks I show up every once and a while:thumbsup:

gary88
10-03-06, 04:43 PM

I'm applying to DePaul, hopefully i'll get accepted and attend starting next fall. I'm turning in my application this week and going to the open house on Sunday. I'm looking at Loyola and Marquette too.

CadillacGurl
10-03-06, 06:43 PM
I'm applying to DePaul, hopefully i'll get accepted and attend starting next fall. I'm turning in my application this week and going to the open house on Sunday. I'm looking at Loyola and Marquette too.

DePaul is cool, there's always something to do. Loyola is good too, I have a couple friends up there they enjoy it. Marquette... ehh they have a thing about no boys in the girls' dorms after 11 or something. May want to check into that.

Plus I'll be transferring to Duquesne University this winter b/c my family is in Pitt and so is my bf. Long distance relationships suck for me.
*I'm not saying DePaul is a bad school or anything coz I'm transferring, I just got a really bad case of homesickness

P.S. If you need to know anything about DePaul, don't be afraid to ask

Ranger
10-03-06, 09:14 PM
Northern suburbs (Arlington Heights) didn't get the worst of it. It strengthened as it moved south. I am a flight dispatcher for UAL and watch it develop on radar while advising my flights of what was going on. Thunderstorms just kept developing and moving through (training). We diverted over 30 aircraft everywhere from MSP to STL and OMA to DTW. It was a busy night to say the least. What a mess.

AlBundy
10-03-06, 09:26 PM
I was trapped in my car for 40minutes waiting for it to slow down and I got soaked anyway. Just out of curiosity I thought I would check my trunk today and behold my trunk fix didn't hold and I have the dreaded water in the trunk disease again. $_it.

gary88
10-03-06, 10:34 PM
I took some pics today of our yard after the storm

Branches... everywhere

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06737.jpg

Notice all the leaves and how there's no trees on that lawn, the winds got pretty bad last night

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06739.jpg

No Cadillacs were harmed in the storm :bouncy: Just a little water seeped in that garage. My car was outside for about a minute when there was hail, though I got it inside quickly. The hail was about the size of a Skittle

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06740.jpg

The small ditch that runs along our yard. The water level went down a lot during the day, I took this pic around 4:00. It was flowing way stronger last night, notice how the weeds are bent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06750.jpg

The end of the ditch right near the creek, a fallen tree, and my dog Sharky.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06752.jpg

The end of the ditch, almost flowing into the yard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06755.jpg

One more fallen tree

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06753.jpg

And here's the creek. It also runs parallel to the street I live on, and earlier in the day it was starting to come close to the road. There's one house on the street that has thier driveway on a small bridge going over it, and when it gets real bad it flows over and they have half a moat in front of thier house :thepan:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/DSC06754.jpg

CadillacGurl
10-03-06, 11:37 PM
Almost looked like a tornado came through with the fallen tree and all the leaves... *shivers* I'm glad the caddy is ok, hail can do a lot of damage. I remember my dad's camry had dents all on his hood from hail. He was pissed as hell.

AlBundy
10-04-06, 05:35 PM
Well for all of you whose cars were outside I suggest you check the trunk for water.

urbanski
10-04-06, 05:49 PM
cool pics

CTS_FAN
10-04-06, 10:37 PM
all the rain has gone just north of here...it's actually been around 90 degrees here the last few days!!

gary88
10-04-06, 10:40 PM
all the rain has gone just north of here...it's actually been around 90 degrees here the last few days!!

I know, that's Chicago weather for ya. Yesterday was probably one of the nicest days of the year.

CadillacGurl
10-05-06, 09:45 PM
We got lightning/storms from Chicago... didn't hit that hard

Chicago weather is always interesting... one day its raining buckets next day it summer in the fall

kali_cts03
10-05-06, 10:25 PM
i have lived in the chicago area for about 17 years before moving to socal and i never heard of anything like that till now.... within an hour got so bad, and so flooded.... and from what i heard the thunders were constant for a while, one after another..... def. the weather can be interesting in chicago!!!

gary88
10-05-06, 10:42 PM
Just wait until it starts to snow :stirpot:

CadillacGurl
10-05-06, 10:52 PM
Oh brother... snow in Chicago I cringe at the thought...:hide:
I'm flying back tomorrow and my mother is meeting me at the house in Downers with my winter coat and boots

ChicagoCTS32
10-06-06, 11:01 AM
Chicago has FANTASTIC weather! Where else can you get four seasons in one day? (yes, it does happen SoCal jerks ;) )