: Reviews?

Staxxin
10-02-06, 10:04 AM
For those of you who own a STS-V, what do you think? Iím looking for longer term feedback as well, e.g. wear and tear, gas mileage, performance, etc. Also, if youíve owned a CTS-V and moved to a STS-V, Iíd really be interested in hearing some comparison comments.

Thanks!!!

Kadonny
10-05-06, 10:17 AM
I would like to hear this too!

*waits for responses*

V-Beach
10-06-06, 08:43 PM
I had an 04' CTS-V with a Corsa and CAI , now I have an 06' STS-V.
The STS has 2,500 miles on it and the computer says I have been averaging 14.2 MPG. The STS has been in the shop twice already, the side electric mirror was broke and the passenger seat had a bad assembly bracket, so it rattled. The pros of the car, imo, over the CTS would be the increased cabin size, I always felt cramped in the CTS. The overall feeling of refinement in the STS is higher with things like the leather dash more supportive seating. The STS is a very quiet car and has a nice ride, not to firm, not to soft. I have the black and red interior which everybody seems to love, it grew on me and it sure is different, much better then the CTS-V. The NAV system sucks and the radio sound quality is fair at best. They stuck some little surround sound speakers in the top of the seats next to the head rest and they are a joke. Two tin cans with a wire I assume. I find it odd that A/C seats and the heads up display which are options on a loaded STS are not available. Living in Florida the AC seats would be great, as a cruel irony heated seats front and back is standard.
Performance wise: I was cruising down the road one day at about 45 and a brand new CTS-V pulled up next to me, we nodded at each other and went for it, from 45 to 110 the cars were frigging dead even. It was intersting that when he would shift I would get about 1/8 of a car then we would even out. From a 5 MPH roll the STS-V will light up the rears and it really has some kick, feels faster then the CTS-V. At about 40 it seems to loose something whereas the CTS always felt like it was pulling. I also have an E55 which kicks the shit out of the STS-V, 0-40 they are even then the Benz pulls away easily (with my wife driving).
All said and done, I can honestly say that I miss the CTS-V. First and foremost I miss the manual tranny, I love to shift. Secondly, the sound of the LS6 with the Corsa was music to me, it stirred something in my soul. The STS-V is a fairly fast, luxurious bigger brother to the CTS-V. The automatic shifts very quickly in Sport Mode and it handles very well. Run flat Pirellis, 275's in rear, grip well. You can turn off the traction control and burn up the Italian rubber at will. Once again, down low the STS-V seems to out kick the CTS and you can hear the Supercharger whirl. I think it gives 12 pounds of boost. The lack of displacement is probably the problem when you pass 40 MPH, she just can't make the torque that the Mercedes has. Most of the differences are subjective, but they are how I feel. If you don't care about shifting or the lack of exhaust note you will be very happy with the STS-V and with the deals they have now you can get a great deal.
IMO, if you wanted a CTS-V with an automatic the STS-V would be your dream.

harryctsv
10-07-06, 04:49 AM
Gerri, that`s an xecellent review and as far as I can read out of it you miss your CTS V but love your STS V.
I think it dont take long till Corsa will offer a sytem for the STS V - I know what you talking about because I have the Corsa on my XLR and I want miss it either.

Is yours black or silver?

Have a nice weekend

Hans

V-Beach
10-07-06, 10:45 AM
Hans,
Mine is black with tinted windows. I contacted Corasa, Magnaflow and Borla, nobody is planning on doing an exhaust for the STS-V.

harryctsv
10-07-06, 10:58 AM
Hans,
Mine is black with tinted windows. I contacted Corasa, Magnaflow and Borla, nobody is planning on doing an exhaust for the STS-V.
Gerri,
I`m not sure but maybe the Corsa exhaust which is made for the V8 STS might fit too.
To get a clear answer contact Jim Browning Jr. - he`s the son of Corsa-Performance, I got my Corsa`s allways over him and had them shipped to Germany. His phone# is 800 486 0999 ext. 112 - if you call or mail him tell him Hello from Harry Hans.

V-Love
10-07-06, 10:02 PM
Nice review. I appreciated that. I still haven't seen one on the road. Good luck with it V-Beach.

First Class Motoring
10-08-06, 03:37 PM
i installed my corsa out from my cts-v on to the sts-v,with some help from the muffler shop.it sounds insane :lildevil:

davesdeville
10-09-06, 08:24 AM
i installed my corsa out from my cts-v on to the sts-v,with some help from the muffler shop.it sounds insane :lildevil:

You should so get a video of that. :yup:

First Class Motoring
10-10-06, 12:20 AM
where can i host?

davesdeville
10-10-06, 05:02 AM
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com), Google Video (http://video.google.com), StreetFire.net (http://videos.streetfire.net), Putfile - Share Your Photos and Videos for Free! (http://www.putfile.com), or if none of those work hell email it to me and I'll put it on my server..

First Class Motoring
10-10-06, 07:05 PM
e-mail sent.

davesdeville
10-11-06, 02:52 AM
Video uploaded.

http://500caddy.us/vids/STSVCorsa.MPG

Sounds really nice. I approve :)

harryctsv
10-11-06, 04:11 AM
Davesdeville, great you loaded up this video for Caddiyesso.

The sound on this STS V with Corsa is just great but I have Corsa-systems on my cars since 2001 (Vette`s and XLR) - and allways would miss something if I wouldn`t have it!!!!
This is what V-Beach needs too!

Hans

First Class Motoring
10-11-06, 01:09 PM
thanks dave.

V-Beach
10-12-06, 06:11 PM
Dave,
Now that's what I'm talking about! Great sound....I had the CTS-V with the Corsa and the increase in cabin noise was minimal, I assume the same in your case?
Do a drive by video at WOT and you'll have all of us crazy jealous.

CORSA PLEASE BUILD THIS!

Ronsv
10-23-06, 09:23 PM
Wow V-Beach, awesome review of the STS-V.
As an owner of a LS2 CTS-V I can appreciate the added low end grunt of the blown STS.
However, I am certain that there is a TON of torque management dialed into the STS-V computer. Does anyone have any tuner programs available for the STS-V yet? I am sure once they strip away all of that torque management, the STS-V’s will be noticeable faster, I could see picking up at least 0.25 sec’s in the quarter mile.
Good luck with your STS-V!
Back to the poor side of town on the CTS V forums!

AlBundy
10-25-06, 08:25 PM
Wow V-Beach, awesome review of the STS-V.
As an owner of a LS2 CTS-V I can appreciate the added low end grunt of the blown STS.
However, I am certain that there is a TON of torque management dialed into the STS-V computer. Does anyone have any tuner programs available for the STS-V yet? I am sure once they strip away all of that torque management, the STS-V’s will be noticeable faster, I could see picking up at least 0.25 sec’s in the quarter mile.
Good luck with your STS-V!
Back to the poor side of town on the CTS V forums!

If the CTS-V side of town is poor I guess I must dwell in the ghetto side of town.:histeric:

Ronsv
10-29-06, 09:43 PM
Hey Al B. (my hero too) were all bros around here! :grouphug:

ssstealth
11-26-06, 08:54 AM
I found that Gibson is now making an exhaust system for the STS-V

http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/pressrelease/cadillacstsv.html

As for the original topic, I now have 13,000 miles on the V and have only had problems with cosmetic stuff. The strut tower brace was deeply scratched on delivery and the grill was bent. Both were replaced although the brace took a long time to arrive as it was on "indefinate backorder". That leads me to believe they are not getting a lot of the V's built on time. The crest on the grille is plastic and has broken once. They replaced the entire grille.

There are still no squeaks or rattles, no leaks, no mechanical issues at all.

Silver Dollar
11-26-06, 12:47 PM
I found that Gibson is now making an exhaust system for the STS-V

I saw that too in this month's Hot Rod magazine and was going to post it but you beat me to it. :)