: Wife thinking of getting the Acura MDX

Rolex
10-01-06, 09:53 PM
We went car shopping Saturday. It seems the local Honda dealer managed to move every 06 model off the lot and has nothing but 07 Pilots. We browse over to the Acura lot and find the exact opposite to be true. They have a dozen or so 06 models and NO 07s on the lot.

The wife drove an 06 MDX touring model AWD with NAV. Basically it's loaded down except for the DVD system which we'll add before it ever leaves the lot....if we buy. I'm certainly no expert on car sales, but it seems to me they should be pretty willing to negociate now that the fiscal year has ended and they still have a bucket load of 06s left.

I'm going to call the salesman in the morning when I get a break and try to save myself some time by "doing the deal" over the phone. The last couple of dealers I've delt with [Honda] have told me their bottom line before I even met them face to face. I like that A LOT, and have become spoiled to the idea of not having to haggle to get a decent deal. We're also looking to trade the wife's Accord this time.

If we are able to close the deal I'll post pics of the new ride. I'll post an update either way. Wish me good luck. :D

Jesda
10-01-06, 11:33 PM
By 05 they FINALLY sorted out the horrible transmission problems. Interior fit and finish was always iffy, as well as overall build quality. Mom had two of them. They drove nicely and were very smartly arranged inside, but the wind noise, brake issues, and tranny recalls were frightening.

However, I think with an 06, you're safe. Dont know why it took Honda so many years to remove the suck from the MDX.

Edahall
10-02-06, 12:33 AM
Try sitting in the rear seats. They are not very comfortable. They are too hard and the seating position is not comfortable. The 07 is supposedly a huge improvement in every respect.

Slywun
10-02-06, 01:11 AM
Maybe too late, but you would do right by at least taking a look at the RX from Lexus. We've got 250K trouble free miles on ours...

dp102288
10-02-06, 08:21 AM
I like the design of the MDX. Keep us posted.

Elvis
10-02-06, 10:49 AM
I really liked the MDX, but to be honest I liked the Envoy a lot better. For the money I didn't think the MDX offered the same bang for the buck.

Edahall has a point, the back seats are a disappointment for the price. Plus I think the Envoy has more torque and would be a better towing vehicle. The ride seemed about the same to me.

But, you will be happy if you get one. I think its a great vehicle and it will be reliable. Certainly is luxurious, too!

Lord Cadillac
10-02-06, 11:36 AM
Maybe too late, but you would do right by at least taking a look at the RX from Lexus. We've got 250K trouble free miles on ours...

I second that.. My Wife drives an RX and she loves it.. It's very comfortable and does what it's supposed to do very well. No problems so far after a year and a half or so of ownership..

It wouldn't hurt to take a look at the 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe.

http://img.netcarshow.com/Hyundai-Santa_Fe_2007_800x600_wallpaper_20.jpg
http://img.netcarshow.com/Hyundai-Santa_Fe_2007_800x600_wallpaper_22.jpg
http://img.netcarshow.com/Hyundai-Santa_Fe_2007_800x600_wallpaper_1d.jpg
http://img.netcarshow.com/Hyundai-Santa_Fe_2007_800x600_wallpaper_1e.jpg

urbanski
10-02-06, 11:40 AM
rex :(

Lord Cadillac
10-02-06, 11:46 AM
The SRX is no go, huh?

RobertCTS
10-02-06, 01:44 PM
The SRX is no go, huh?

I would be loyal to the Caddy Crest and seriously look at the SRX with the NorthStar V8. The Escalade is cool but to big for my needs. I already told the wife, no imports in our garage.

Rolex
10-02-06, 07:03 PM
The price was right so she bought the MDX this afternoon. It's loaded with NAV, and I am going to have headrest monitors added as a gift to her. She'll never tow anything with it or take it off road. I think we're both going to be pleased with it.

Daylight is fading fast so I'll post pics tomorrow. :D

keeksv
10-02-06, 07:16 PM
We've got an 03 MDX. Had one transmission replaced but still love the car. Hope Jesda is right about the transmission issues--said the same thing about the 03s after the problems with 01-02s. Mostly love the way service and warranty issues are handled. No questions.

I never noticed any problem with the rear seat, unless you're talking about the third row seat--that thing is mainly for kid hauling.

Good luck with the new ride! (ours is blue with tan interior).

dp102288
10-03-06, 08:44 AM
So Sal drives a monster ESV and the wife drives a tiny RX? Wow.

Sal, post a side by side pic!

Elvis
10-03-06, 08:45 AM
Congrats Rolex!!!

Lord Cadillac
10-03-06, 10:32 AM
Yeah, that'll be a good picture.. I'll get one soon..

Congrats on the purchase, Rolex! Do post pictures when you can. It's a nice truck...