: '07 Pics w/ Grey Interior

b4z
10-01-06, 05:31 PM
Just saw this car at my dealer.
These pics are not very good.
Lots of glare.
Confirms my opinion that my next SRX will not have a grey interior.
Also dash and door panels fit so tightly that I fear there might be some rubbing and squeaking.
Interior is better than our's but is not ground breaking and may not even be competitive in this segment.

That's my SRX in the background.

Pete Benson
10-01-06, 07:30 PM
Interior is better than our's but is not ground breaking and may not even be competitive in this segment.

Wrong - it absolutely IS competitive in this segment, and better than most if not all.

caddycruiser
10-01-06, 07:41 PM
Wrong - it absolutely IS competitive in this segment, and better than most if not all.

I agree, and I'm usually a big critic. It may not make a huge difference in sales and popularity, but it'll certainly bring in all those people who've been on the fence for liking "everything about the SRX except the cheap interior".

And this:

Also dash and door panels fit so tightly that I fear there might be some rubbing and squeaking.

is certainly a WEIRD thing to say, especially since in reality, it's the other way around. When the time and effort is put into making everything fit and align as perfectly as possible, excess noises are usually eliminated in that process. Think tight and solid. It is GM, but given so many of their recent intros, I'm more than inclined to believe that they've excelled in this regard again, especially compared to and building upon lessons learned with the SRX and it's old interior thus far.

b4z
10-01-06, 08:11 PM
I was not trying to come off negative, I just think that if somebody looks at a Lexus RX3xx, then the SRX they will see more detail in the doors, seats, controls on the Lexus.
I personally think the '07s are a huge improvement over my '04.
The stitching on the dash is very cool as are the gauges.

The reason I made the squeaking remark is because the door panels in my '04 squeaked like crazy.

And Olds tried to get Honda tight with the dash and doors on the Intrigue and they rubbed.

You guys don't have to get defensive. I am a SRX owner, not a troll.

But we all have to admit that SRX sales have not lived up to their potential.
And there has to be a reason customers have not bought more SRXs even though we all now it is a pretty decent vehicle.

Smokin' SRX
10-02-06, 09:37 PM
I agree, and I'm usually a big critic. It may not make a huge difference in sales and popularity, but it'll certainly bring in all those people who've been on the fence for liking "everything about the SRX except the cheap interior".

And this:

is certainly a WEIRD thing to say, especially since in reality, it's the other way around. When the time and effort is put into making everything fit and align as perfectly as possible, excess noises are usually eliminated in that process. Think tight and solid. It is GM, but given so many of their recent intros, I'm more than inclined to believe that they've excelled in this regard again, especially compared to and building upon lessons learned with the SRX and it's old interior thus far.

Love the new and improved dash, interior and power hatch! But I still want power folding/turn mirrors............and a damned BULB in that new glove box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe they did it!??)

Even so I don't ever look like a Hondota, Lexyane, or BMornwo coming down the road!!!! :thumbsup:

b4z
10-03-06, 12:08 PM
power hatch came out in '06.

CTS V6
10-04-06, 10:10 PM
The extra storage behind the wood trim on the passenger side is nice...