: The Roadside truck broke down on me today...

danbuc
10-01-06, 03:44 PM
I was told on friday that I'd be doing weekend roadside since no one else could do it. I'm normally a line tech in the shop (Prestige Mercedes for those not aware). Anyway, our roadside truck is an '06 ML350....pretty nice some might say, but I say it's a POS! Well, today I was on my way to a call and I went to make a u-turn and wouldn't you know it, the ISM motor that switched ghears in the tranny got de-normalized so I lost Drive. Great, now I'm sitting on the side of the road, in the roadside truck, calling roadside, to get myself towed to the dealer. Pretty sad right? I thought so too. Anyway...just thought I'd share this little adventue I had today, seeing as how I thought it was funny as hell.

caddydaddy
10-01-06, 04:18 PM
Wow! So, it's a what, $60k paperweight now?? LOL! Tell them to get an Escalade!

urbanski
10-01-06, 04:21 PM
if you were roadside, then who came to get you?

edit: probably a towtruck eh :p

Msilva954
10-01-06, 04:21 PM
Or a G500

urbanski
10-01-06, 04:41 PM
how bout the R63 :p

Adam
10-01-06, 04:49 PM
LOL! thats great man :thumbsup: . cool story. you work for Mercedes? you should work for Cadillac.

danbuc
10-01-06, 05:03 PM
how bout the R63 :p

Garbage....cmplete an utter gargage....except for the engine that is.

Yes, I should work for cadillac, but there warranty work doesn't pay as well as Mercedes.

urbanski, the towing service we use (JJ's out of Ridgewood, NJ) came and pickee the truck up, and towed it over ot the dealer. My step-father drove the TR4 over to pick me up, since my car is still parked in the back lot of the shop where I left it on Friday.

Adam
10-01-06, 05:05 PM
ha, you should drive back in the Caddy. "see if you had a Cadillac you wouldnt have this problem."

didnt know that about the warranty work though.

danbuc
10-01-06, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I shoulda just thrown the jacks and stuff from the truck in my trunk, and used my car for roadside.

As for warranty work....Mercedes pay's a little better than most companies, but they do stiff you on some things which is the same with all manufactures.

I was happy the truck died today though, cause I absolutely hate doing roadside. I'm not supposed to be doing it at all, and this weekend was just a favor for the big cheese who called in and said he needed someone to do it. No one else who normally does it, was availably so I got stuck with the job. Figures with my luck, that the one weekend I do it, the truck would die. At least I didn't have to go on anymore calls..haha.:rolleyes:

slk230mb
10-01-06, 08:18 PM
Now do you get stuck fixing the truck?

caddycruiser
10-01-06, 09:33 PM
Okay, I have a general question. Out of all the current new Mercedes models, which come in the most for problems and which the least? You hear some things from time to time--such as the M-class still being a bugger of sorts--but I'd be very interested to hear it direct from someone who would know.:)

dp102288
10-02-06, 09:37 AM
Cool job. I would love to get a job working on cars. Problem is I don't know how to fix em, just break them.

At least you don't even like doing roadside. Great story.

danbuc
10-02-06, 06:09 PM
Okay, I have a general question. Out of all the current new Mercedes models, which come in the most for problems and which the least? You hear some things from time to time--such as the M-class still being a bugger of sorts--but I'd be very interested to hear it direct from someone who would know.:)

Out of all the new models, the new ML's and GL's I would say have the fewest problems. The R class is complete garbage as stated before. The C class has always had it quirks and will always continue to have it's quirks, since they never get around to fixing all the issues. The S class still has electricla issues, although the fit&finish in the interior is much better quality than the previous gen. The SLK and SL's have small issues here and there, but usually nothing too major. The CLK's are pretty good, except for some of the ealry model 209's. Same with the 211 E class, the current 06 model year is a solid car, but it took a few years to get it to that point. It seems to be a running trend with mercedes, where they will release a new car, and it will take them 5 years to fix all the problems, and just when they finally get it right, they discontinue it, and release a new model, with new problems that'll take another 5 years to fix, and so on and so forth.

As for working on the roadside truck myself, soembody at the main shop had it on there lift looking at it so I'm off the hook. They wouldn't have given it to me directly anyway. Whoever got asigned the ticket would have the taskm just liek any other car. Same goes for our loaners when they come in.

urbanski
10-02-06, 08:06 PM
how about them CLSs, drool

danbuc
10-02-06, 10:26 PM
One of my good buddies mother is seeing a guy who drives one....he's gone through 3 Central Gateway modules since he's owned it. They sure do look cool though...:rolleyes: