: New Lights

Yaemish
02-22-04, 08:22 PM
I recently put some of those blueish tinted light in my eldo, needless to say, they are crap. I was wondering what kind of bulbs I should buy to replace them? I would like ones that I can match the fog lights too. An preferbly ones that won't melt my wires, any suggestions?

chris203
02-23-04, 01:01 AM
I bought some Sylvania Silverstars for my Eldorado and I love them. They are bright and very white, what kind did you get? If you want just regular ones, just get the regular Sylvania headlamp bulbs at any auto parts store.

Yaemish
02-23-04, 08:49 PM
Do they have matching bulbs? I was thinking of something with a blue tint, thats what I bought and it lights up the road for crap.

Yaemish
02-23-04, 08:51 PM
Oh, one other thing. Any potential problems with the wiring getting melted? Those look really nice, what bulb sizes do I need for the Eldo?

chris203
02-23-04, 09:16 PM
I've had them on for about a month and I havent had any problems at all, no melting or anything, they are just regular bulbs but with a blueish tint on them to make the light whiter. The sizes you'll need is 9005 ST for high beams and 9006 ST for the low beams. they cost me about $20 per bulb, kind of pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I don't know about the fog lamp replacement bulbs, because the owners manual doesn't specify a size for them, but Sylvania makes a true HID fog lamp (the whole thing) that you can replace your current fog lamps with, I haven't measured the ones on our Caddys, but Sylvania's fog lamps are 2.5"X6.5", so measure and it see if it will fit. I'm not sure on the cost, but its probably pretty expensive since its true HID.

Check it Out (http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm)

chris203
02-23-04, 09:20 PM
Take a look at the Silverstars on my car at my site: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/502250 (scroll toward the bottom)

beemer2k
02-24-04, 09:07 AM
I got the EuroDezigns blue bulbs off of ebay. They also have the foglights to match and a lifetime warranty (you just have to pay the shipping). I am REALLY happy with the temperature (blue, but not "ridiculous" blue) and the brightness. Definitely a few steps up from the stock Sylvanias. When I changed them out, I was looking at the Silverstars too. Very nice, but they were pricey (+- $30 for a pair) and I wanted my fogs to match my headlights. Sylvania doesn't make Silverstars for fog lamps... at least not ours yet.

Yaemish
02-24-04, 02:37 PM
Any chance that the lights will hurt the control module on the car? Are the wattages that same as what GM specifies?

Eldobroken
02-24-04, 06:59 PM
I recently put some of those blueish tinted light in my eldo, needless to say, they are crap. I was wondering what kind of bulbs I should buy to replace them? I would like ones that I can match the fog lights too. An preferbly ones that won't melt my wires, any suggestions?
Hi I also tried the crap ones so i returned them they were worse than the standard bulbs. I got the Sylvania ones and i am very happy with them. I am going to get them in the high beams next.

Yaemish
02-24-04, 08:36 PM
I think i will buy the silvanias, I just wanted matching fog lights