: Lowering springs/anti sway bars - ?

ruxprncd
09-30-06, 08:35 PM
I'm interested in lowering the car a bit and/or reducing body roll, preferably without a major penalty in ride quality.

I see that D3 sells springs and sway bars - anyone have experience with these, or other brands, for the STS? I have Northstar, don't have MRC.

Dr. Design
10-02-06, 04:00 PM
Hello,
Here are some images of an STS lowered with our springs and with no MRC installed. This will greatly reduce body roll and lower the center of gravity. Ride quality has not been compromised. If you are looking to obtain the “Sport Sedan” feeling, this would help you regain that. Also you need to consider what type of wheels and tires you will be running. If you are going with a 20” wheel you will have a little more give than the 22” wheels. But overall you will like the responsiveness of the lowered vehicle, handling, stance, and control. Please let us know if you have any questions.
http://www.autoshoplinks.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0709.jpg

Thank you,

I'm interested in lowering the car a bit and/or reducing body roll, preferably without a major penalty in ride quality.

I see that D3 sells springs and sway bars - anyone have experience with these, or other brands, for the STS? I have Northstar, don't have MRC.

ruxprncd
10-02-06, 08:16 PM
Doc, I'm running 18" wheels. You said 'ride quality isn't compromised'; I definitely don't want any 'crashing' over rough pavement and minor potholes.

As reference points, 2003 Nissan Maxima SE ride quality is harsher than I want; Infiniti G35 ride quality is very close to ideal for me.

Based on that do you think I'll be happy w/the springs?

They definitely *look* great.

xxcaddytech
10-02-06, 09:23 PM
do you have springs for the mrc?

Dr. Design
10-03-06, 11:58 AM
Hello,
If you are running 18" wheels you should be fine. You certainly will not feel any "crashing" over rough surfaces. The factory dampeners work really well and will help absorb any uneven pavement.

The G35 uses a little softer spring than the Maxima Sports Edition. We do increase the spring rates slightly to give it better performance, but they do not make the ride harsh.

We had a few customers that were worried about the ride becoming harsh or too bouncy if they lowered their STS. Needless to say they are very happy with the springs once installed.

We think you would be happy with the springs. Especially if you are looking to get rid of the numb feeling ride and increase steering response. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

Doc, I'm running 18" wheels. You said 'ride quality isn't compromised'; I definitely don't want any 'crashing' over rough pavement and minor potholes.

As reference points, 2003 Nissan Maxima SE ride quality is harsher than I want; Infiniti G35 ride quality is very close to ideal for me.

Based on that do you think I'll be happy w/the springs?

They definitely *look* great.

Dr. Design
10-03-06, 12:00 PM
Hello,
Yes we do. They are actually the same springs. We also provide new machined rods for the ride height sensors. Please let us know if there are any questions.
Thank you,

do you have springs for the mrc?

joel4779
03-08-07, 10:43 PM
Can these D3 springs be used w. the sts4 V8 AWD? THere are also the Intrax springs for 258 shipped that lower approximately 1.8 inches. There is no mention of the included machined ride-height rods with that kit. nor is the model that I looked at for use w. the AWD. What would be the approximate drop on my sts4 w. the stock 18"s front and back? Thanks!