: Review of Mr. Clean AutoDry

c5 rv
02-22-04, 07:25 PM
In a word - AWFUL! I figured I'd try the unit on my cashmere CTS before trying it on my black vette. I followed all the directions and the thing left my CTS full of waterspots. It didn't seem to use hardly any soap, so maybe the unit is faulty. However, it took longer than using the leaf blower to dry the car, so the autodry is being returned.

hcvone
02-22-04, 10:50 PM
They sent us two sample kits, the first was less than impressive, there was still spots, not nearly as good as the Toro leaf blower

Elvis
02-23-04, 09:21 AM
I prefer the Toro method as well. I also have an Echo gas-powered blower that doesn't do as well as the Toro. Surprising that an electric blower does better than a gas-powered one.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-23-04, 01:53 PM
that stupid autowash stuff sucks , i dont get waterspots alot but i do have issuse with competely rinsing the car with it on full reguar water (dail on high pressure mode) , but once i get a compete rinse and filp it over to the soft water setting it does rinse spot free.... problem is i only find out if i got all the soap off when it dries which is a pain in the arse to drag everything back out to rinse the roof (only area where the soap sticks) i spend 5 mintues rinsing the roof to get the soap off (this method worked well yesterday) but to rise for 5 mintues with regualr water then to rinse again with the soft water setting gets a little tedius

one nice thing is i dont need a bucket , i can rinse my mitt off and keep going cuts tons of time off the soaping process and i get a good lather on the car vs bucket and meguires softwash gel

so ill probably ditch the gel that came witht he unit and run the meguires stuff in it to see fi that soap will actualy come off the car

i also belive this stuff removes the wax from the car had to wax it yesterday as i could tell some spots had NO wax anymore after 3 washes over a 3 week perioid , i usuly get a month out of a coat of meguires carnuba

Night Wolf
02-23-04, 04:53 PM
I was soo close to getting one, but figured I woudl wait until it gets warmer outside and I get the Caddy back on the road... I heard good things aobut it, but I guess it isn't good....

...this is the thing that goes ont he end of the hose and you wash the car with, right?

c5 rv
02-23-04, 07:22 PM
This is the product:

http://www.homemadesimple.com/mrcleanautodry/index.shtml

Msilva954
03-21-04, 09:23 PM
I bought it and thought it works great actually.....guess im the only one.lol.
For the weekly wash it is great, but every so often when you do that BIG monthly wash I go straight to the old fashion bucket and soap.

capn
03-22-04, 08:59 PM
i bought the auto dry, and i actually like it it works and reduces the time that i have to clean. and i think it works wonderfully no spots and i bought a quality sponge to help with the washing so that may have helped too. but i love it very good product.

tdyguy2k
03-22-04, 10:26 PM
I just bought one yesterday. Tested it out by washing the Caddy and the truck, Cad first of course, and was pleased with the outcome. I also used a wash mitt in conjunction with the Autodry. I made sure that I rinsed all of the soap off, then went over it again in the filtered setting and it worked fine. I'm satisfied. :) :coolgleam

Speedingpenguin
03-27-04, 01:08 AM
yeah, isnt it pretty much just a water filter for the hose? I thought it was the crap thats in the water itself that causes waterspots....if you have a good coat of wax on the paint, the water should slide right off, correct?
I dont have a leaf blower so i think i'm gonna get one of those squigee's...I dont wanna try the MrClean Autodry though....i would rather spend the time and effort myself than to end up with another 'gimick' in the garage (Along with those orange 'super chamios(sp?)' that we got suckerd into at a car show a while back.....left orange fibers allllll over the car....what a waste of money. and they werent cheap either.

ThomasO
03-27-04, 01:15 AM
I'd re-think that squigee too

capn
03-28-04, 11:21 AM
get that california squiiiiigeeeeee thing i think thats for paint, but the auto dry has just normal spraying and then filtered spray which your supposed to use to rinse it with so it drys faster, what it does is lay down a even sheet of water over the car so it drys very uniform and the PuR filtered water makes it so there is no minerals in the water so no water spots