: Oil leak?

rbrandon
09-30-06, 06:10 PM
I just noticed a small puddle of oil under the car, bout half a foot inside the right front tire and just about even with it. I checked the oil level, and its down about 2 quarts. The oil pan is also wet with oil, I refilled the 2 quarts tonight and will check it again tomorrow. Are there any hoses that i need to check or is this the half case leak ive heard about? The car is a 99 STS, just turned 120k. Thanks

Ranger
09-30-06, 06:28 PM
Are you sure it's not P/S fluid?

RATZLAFF
09-30-06, 07:00 PM
Another possibility could be that the air conditioner line and oil cooler line are rubbing together creating a small leak in the oil cooler line in the location below the alternator.

rbrandon
09-30-06, 07:11 PM
Are you sure it's not P/S fluid?

Positive, checked the fluid level for the PS pump and its full, also I was wrnog about the location of the puddle, I checked again for new puddles, and sure enough there was a fresh one, directly under the oil pan, right about the center of it

rbrandon
09-30-06, 07:12 PM
Another possibility could be that the air conditioner line and oil cooler line are rubbing together creating a small leak in the oil cooler line in the location below the alternator.

where do those lines run? i could check that in the morning

chazglenn3
09-30-06, 08:26 PM
Well, on my car, the source of my major leak is the engine case halves. Could also be loose oil pan bolts, or an oil cooler line.

rbrandon
10-04-06, 04:37 PM
just an update, looked it over on monday and it was the oil cooler lines, thanks guys