: O2 sensor

sevilleonlegals
02-22-04, 05:36 PM
I have a 94 STS and I am trying to install a air/fuel gauge i would like to know if anybody could direct me towards any wiring charts or if you would know the color code for the wire in the ECU harness thanks!!!!!

BeelzeBob
02-22-04, 08:34 PM
I have a 94 STS and I am trying to install a air/fuel gauge i would like to know if anybody could direct me towards any wiring charts or if you would know the color code for the wire in the ECU harness thanks!!!!!

What sort of device are you trying to install???

Tapping into the vehicle O2 sensor will probably load the circuit down and cause erroneous O2 readings to the PCM and poor fuel control.

Are you replacing the O2 sensor or something? The factory/OEM sensor just switches at 14.7:1....it is not a wide range O2 that provides a variable voltage output to enable determining the actual A/F ratio....

sevilleonlegals
02-24-04, 08:32 PM
i think that i am gonna pass on the air to fuel ratio gauge but i am trying a vaccum gauge now. dont ask why i am putting it on there. i just think that it looks cool . haha well anyways those vac lines under the hood are all hard plastic so i am running into trouble with that so i am gonna have to replace the tubes.