: 06 V6 1SC vs. V8 1SG

macklobell
09-29-06, 10:54 PM
I recently upgraded from an 06 STS V6 w/1SC package to a V8 1SG package. I just wanted to know if it was just me because I noticed a few big differences....

1. Car has european drive and suspension is stiffer than V6 w/1SC package.
2. Steering is much different and requires more attention to steering the wheel (Is this what ZF steering is all about?)
3. Tuscany Seats are awesome and blows away the Nuance Leather in the V6.

Also, for some reason when my razr is synched to the bluetooth system- the person talking to me hears themselves echoing....This didn't occur with my V6 car....Is there a setting that I am missing here?....Thanks for your help in advance.. I don't think I would have recognized these differences if I didn't upgrade so soon.

Dr. Design
10-02-06, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the upgrade!
Point #2 - Yes that is the ZF package. It makes the vehicle much more fun to drive than the RWD configuration.

Have fun!!!
Thank you,

I recently upgraded from an 06 STS V6 w/1SC package to a V8 1SG package. I just wanted to know if it was just me because I noticed a few big differences....

1. Car has european drive and suspension is stiffer than V6 w/1SC package.
2. Steering is much different and requires more attention to steering the wheel (Is this what ZF steering is all about?)
3. Tuscany Seats are awesome and blows away the Nuance Leather in the V6.

Also, for some reason when my razr is synched to the bluetooth system- the person talking to me hears themselves echoing....This didn't occur with my V6 car....Is there a setting that I am missing here?....Thanks for your help in advance.. I don't think I would have recognized these differences if I didn't upgrade so soon.

malatu
10-02-06, 07:16 PM
Congrats on the upgrade!
Point #2 - Yes that is the ZF package. It makes the vehicle much more fun to drive than the RWD configuration.

Have fun!!!
Thank you,

What do you mean by "RWD configuration"? They're all rwd except the all wheel drive. I don't know what the ZF package is, if you would, please explain. Thanks.:confused:

caddycruiser
10-02-06, 07:55 PM
"ZF" is the manufacturer of the special steering gear/box in the 1SG package--it's known to be tighter and sharper than that in the other models without it.

As for "RWD configuration", I think he's just referring to those other models without the ZF steering gear as a point of comparison.