: Anyone interested in Tinted Tails?

Avon Custom Wheels
09-29-06, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself and my services. Besides selling custom wheels (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) I also do tinted tails. I've been in the bodyshop and custom business for 20 years so I'm not a backyard operation. I was a vendor here some time ago and decided to return. I will be offering the tinted tail lamps 3 different ways. For those of you that want to have an extra set of lamps they will be available that way. If you choose you may also send your lamps in to be tinted and finally if there is enough interest I will be running an exchange program whereas you will be able to order the lamps tinted to your specifications light, medium, or dark and we will do our set and send them to you. When you recieve them all you have to do is install them and send your pair back for a credit. The details of that program I still have to work out if I see that there is enough interest in it. So is there any interest in this?

davedogcaddy
10-02-06, 12:13 PM
you ought to post some example pics, explain the process of how they are tinted, and how the tinred ones will hold up, ect. You might get better feedback on this then.

Avon Custom Wheels
10-02-06, 12:27 PM
Ok here is an example of an Escalade we did. The lamps are sanded with 3 different grits of sandpaper before they are primed with a special clear plastic primer. From there they are painted with a special tint mixture that I make which also includes hardners. They are then clearcoated with 2-3 coats of Urethane clearcoat and hand sanded with 1500 grit paper and rubbed out to a show quality finish. We can do them in either light, medium, or dark depending on the look you want. The finished lamps are just as durable as the paint finish that is on your car and they can be waxed as you would the rest of your vehicle. I have been painting cars for 31 years now and have owned my own colllision / custom shop for the last 20 years.

Smokin' SRX
10-02-06, 10:22 PM
Ok here is an example of an Escalade we did. The lamps are sanded with 3 different grits of sandpaper before they are primed with a special clear plastic primer. From there they are painted with a special tint mixture that I make which also includes hardners. They are then clearcoated with 2-3 coats of Urethane clearcoat and hand sanded with 1500 grit paper and rubbed out to a show quality finish. We can do them in either light, medium, or dark depending on the look you want. The finished lamps are just as durable as the paint finish that is on your car and they can be waxed as you would the rest of your vehicle. I have been painting cars for 31 years now and have owned my own colllision / custom shop for the last 20 years.

First, thx for being a SUPPORTING VENDER!! This site is fantastic and I wish more members/users would pony up the few bucks every half year to at least be a "supporting member". (I've done it twice and I think it's $25 for the 1/2 year!) Even every 2nd, third period would help "carry the wood". (see details on site!) Do what you can. See "Help us Help You" on top of page!

Second, you are a teriffic artist and craftsman and I will definitely keep you in mind as I consider an '07 move up! Good luck!
Thx for the pix.

Arich
12-04-06, 12:38 AM
anyone tint their srx tails yet?

Razorback_CTS
12-11-06, 12:08 AM
You should post this on the CTS forum and V forum. There may be some more interest there too. I am very interested. What would be the approx. price?

scout01
12-11-06, 06:31 AM
I am very interested in doing this for my '06 SRX. What is the cost getting the lights tinted??