: "Booming" Noise

billee
09-28-06, 12:05 PM
My 06 SRX with the V-6 engine makes a low frequency continuous "booming" noise when stopped with the engine running. It's not real loud but it's noticeable when the radio is off. It goes away when moving.

Has anyone else noticed this?

cvairfan
10-23-06, 11:19 PM
we are also experiencing the same booming noise. 'not sure what it is, but I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say. We have a 2006 SRX RWD V6 w/sunroof.

c5 rv
10-24-06, 10:46 AM
I have an 06 SRX V6 RWD w/o UV and have no booming.

MortnCyn
10-24-06, 12:44 PM
I would call it a bass like rumble (synonym for boom) that is worse when it is cool and you can feel the vibration. My wife heard it which means it is really making noise. Wonder if there is a tech bulletin on this?

MortnCyn
10-24-06, 12:44 PM
I would call it a bass like rumble (synonym for boom) that is worse when it is cool and you can feel the vibration. My wife heard it which means it is really making noise. Wonder if there is a tech bulletin on this?

MortnCyn
11-06-06, 12:25 PM
we are also experiencing the same booming noise. 'not sure what it is, but I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say. We have a 2006 SRX RWD V6 w/sunroof.
cvairfan: Have you had the dealer inspect? If so, what did they find and or fix.

cvairfan
11-25-06, 08:29 PM
Sorry for the late reply; All they did was (and they referenced some TSB) remove & re-torque all of the exhaust fittings. There appears to be a small improvement, but that's all.

MortnCyn
11-29-06, 09:26 AM
Sorry for the late reply; All they did was (and they referenced some TSB) remove & re-torque all of the exhaust fittings. There appears to be a small improvement, but that's all.
Did they show the TSB number on the paperwork? The rumble seems worse when it the weather is cooler. Wonder if it should require some re-flash that would affect the air fuel mix and thus the idle?

MortnCyn
11-30-06, 08:18 AM
Took a look at the muffler and noted that it had what looks like black Sharpie marks on both side of the muffler (see attachment). My dealer had not visually inspected the car. The only thing they have done is program a key. It was purchased with 1700 miles on the odometer. Have noticed various markings (different colors) under the hood on the '04 as well as the '05. Can only guess that these are things that have been checked at the factory and then marked.

Do wonder about the black marks on the muffler. Would an original muffler have the part number label on it?

MortnCyn
12-13-06, 04:03 PM
ewill3rd: Did this post to move back to the top. Have you possibly seen any TSB's on this problem? Along with the rumble is vibration. Thanks in advance.