: Electronic Level Control

Maximln
09-28-06, 11:05 AM
I have an 06 STS with automatic level control that I can't tell is working! In my 98 STS, whenever you turned the car on, after a few seconds, the air replenishment cycle would kick on, turning the compressor on for a few seconds and then it would turn off. Also, just by me getting in and out of the car would cause the system to activate and level as well (I'm 190lbs). It was very sensitive. I can never hear the compressor come on in my new car at all. I will listen for it when I activate the ignition, I've tried getting in the trunk, I've even listened for it when I have a car load of people and I can never hear it. I received service manuals for the car and it is supposed to have a compressor that operates the same way as the 98 meaning it is also supposed to go through the air replenishment cycle and level when weight is added. I have had the car for 7 months now and I have never heard the compressor. Does anyone know if the new compressor is MUCH quieter? Has anyone heard their compressor come on? Just curious if something is wrong with car or with me?!

Max

Cajonkev
09-28-06, 02:34 PM
I know from heavy loading that mine works yet I have never heard a peep out of it. Not like the old days with the in-dash "leveling" display and compressor noise.

ARTSBEST
09-28-06, 02:56 PM
Don't hear it either on the Mrs. 02' SLS. However, one of her "wide load" friends put the technology to the test once when she attempted to sit in the back seat. From what the wife said there were bells, whistles and ever other type of alarm going off as a result. Just kidding. But I'd say GM makes one helluva good electronic leveling system to stand that test.