Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Proud new owner!!! need audio help. help!!

706 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  the727kid 
#1 ·
Hello all, i'm a proud new owner of a 2000 seville STS. Came with the Bose system, but i want a better sub! any suggestions! I prefer a cleaner hitting sub, rather than a sub that DUMPS. tips would be appreciated. thanx

#2 ·
i think if you have a 2000 sts (like me) that people on this forum are reluctant to respond. i cant count how many times ive listed topics with few to no responses while everybody elses gets response after response. this used to be a place i came for help but now i just get ignored and its getting old.

anyway, ill try to help as much as i can dude. i was impressed with my bose system to the point where i was almost satisfied with not putting my system back in! but you are right, the sub is weak and the speakers arent bad they just cant handle the volume i want them to constantly be at. im not sure if theres a way to hook up a different sub to the bose system. if you did, it might sound just as bad using the same amplifiers from the bose. you might just wanna start from scratch like i am. im doin mine right now and if i come across anything interestin ill tell ya and try to post pics of my progress. peace

#4 ·
i think if you have a 2000 sts (like me) that people on this forum are reluctant to respond. i cant count how many times ive listed topics with few to no responses while everybody elses gets response after response.
I'm really sorry you've had bad experiences here, but it's certainly not personal. If somebody had an answer for you, I'm sure they'd post it. Forums are only as good as their members--so if YOU have the experience with Sevilles, you need to be the one to fill that void.

It always evens out in the end.

#3 ·
You can hook up a sub. MY boy has an 01 SLS w/ Bose and he took out his sub and hooked up 2 Kicker CVRs (suck btw, my one 12 blows him out the water and into another ocean).

Anyways he used a line-out converter from the speaker wires running to the sub. From that you just plug the RCAs in, find a place to run into the remote and hook up your power and ground and your good!

#6 ·
yes!!! finally a response to a 2000 STS question! thanx for that by the way. anyhow, what kind of equipment do you all recommend? i would like to keep it under 1000, for i feel the speaker work great. My main concern is my SUB woofer. i just feel that i could definitely use more oomph in it yaddaimean? also have any of you used that ipod2car thingamajig?

#7 ·
Your ipod thing, well just get an AUX plug and plug into your AUX(where CD Changer would be).

anyways under a 1000...Hmm. How much you want it pound? I have a guy you can e-mail and he will get you my subs in a box for around $400 (Eclipses' top sub, WHAMS).

You could order a Sundown 1500 and a Fi Q and you will be pretttty damn loud, I doubt your speakers would keep up lol. (I'm not huge on name brands).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.