Cadillac Owners Forum banner

'88 Brougham / OEM Stereo Compatability?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Leeb 
#1 ·
Looking to replace my '88 Brougham's inoperable "Symphony Sound" AM/FM/cassette. What stereos from other Cadillac years and models would interchange with the 1988 Brougham configuration? As always, I thank the forum membership in advance for any thoughts.

#3 ·
Trying to stay in the $300-$400 range for stereo and new 6"x9"s in the rear. I am hoping to keep the stock appearance in the dash as much as possible. I've toyed w/ the idea of an add-on CD changer w/ FM modulator. Power antenna still works and I like the amber clock in the radio, too.

#5 ·
Forgive my ignorance, yet what are "double din" radios? Thanks for your professional insights and advice.

#11 ·
I've got an 86 deville with that same dope head unit.:) I've been looking to change it too, but still want to keep a sleeper/stock look. I don't think the double din will fit.(could be wrong) I've been looking @ the 1.5 dins out there. From what reviews i've read, they're pretty much straight installs. I'm torn between the pioneer deh p47dh and deh p77dh. There are some cheaper ones out there, pyle makes 1 or 2. Check them out. I bet for 300 bucks, you could replace all 4 speakers and get the head unit along with a wire harness, and sound pretty good. Good luck and shop around before you buy.

D4

#13 ·
Looking to replace my '88 Brougham's inoperable "Symphony Sound" AM/FM/cassette. What stereos from other Cadillac years and models would interchange with the 1988 Brougham configuration? As always, I thank the forum membership in advance for any thoughts.
What is 'inoperable' about it... does it not work at all, or is it, like mine, not doing the tape thing?

You SHOULD be able to go all the way back to 81 or 82... there are just differences in operation..
As far as going UP... probably into the mid 90s... don't have a good answer for that one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.