: Why is the whole roof glass?

Adameglin1
09-26-06, 09:49 AM
When I was looking around the forums I noticed that on the scale model of the SRX over the third row seat the roof was transparent. Also, if you sit in the third row seat during the day you can see the sunlight coming through the roof material. I was just wondering why they didn't leave it like that.

TSS
09-26-06, 01:56 PM
Check out the Ultraview-PLUS option. It covers the third row (like the model). It is glass w/ a power sunshade, but does not open.

I absolutley cannot see sunlight coming through roof material in the 3rd row of my Ultraview (not PLUS).

donjumpsuit
09-26-06, 02:46 PM
Q:Why is the roof glass?

A:So you can see out of it.

john d
09-26-06, 03:02 PM
Q:Why is the roof glass?

A:So you can see out of it.

WELL SAID! ! ! :cheers::highfive: :thumbsup::banana:

Cadboy425
09-26-06, 05:17 PM
I haven't seen an Ultraview Plus car in person...How much was that option anyway?

Smokin' SRX
09-27-06, 09:05 AM
When I was looking around the forums I noticed that on the scale model of the SRX over the third row seat the roof was transparent. Also, if you sit in the third row seat during the day you can see the sunlight coming through the roof material. I was just wondering why they didn't leave it like that.

No, you're not nuts! I've heard this before. Some models without the PLUS roof option (3rd row that is!) say it wasn't perfectly masked and some light gets through, in bright sunlight! Don't worry about it!

MortnCyn
09-27-06, 10:50 AM
Possibly manufacturing convenience and cost to have a metal and/or glass roof available. All they have to do is put in a different headliner to give you the Ultra-View or the Ultra-Ultra-View or whatever they call it.

TSS
09-27-06, 12:56 PM
Unless someone beats me to it, I am going to get a simple answer to this question (glass or metal) tonight with a magnet!

TSS
09-28-06, 07:08 AM
I was shocked. It is glass even though I do not have the "Plus".

medmarkco
09-28-06, 08:35 AM
I was shocked. It is glass even though I do not have the "Plus".

Yep - my guess is an xacto knife, some rubber trim strip and anyone with an Ultraview can have the "plus". Just won't have the retractable shade.

TSS
09-28-06, 11:08 AM
Agree.

Funny thing is, one reason I did not get the PLUS was simply b/c the added weight of even more glass and another powershade/motor did not make sense to me in light of the benefit gained for the third row. Had it been a power opening roof, I might have considered it. Looks like I got most of the added weight anyway.