Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Help with Bose conversion

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  the727kid 
#1 ·
Currently my 98 Eldorado only has a base cassette player installed. I want to upgrade to a Bose system. I purchased a Bose CD/cassette head unit. Now I need advice on the speakers. Will Bose speakers install with no trouble? I am concerned if there is any difference in the wire harness/hook-ups. I see that the Bose have self-contained power supplies, and am not sure if there will by a problem. Any help in making the upgrade will be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
you need ALOT more than just the speaks
new wire harness
audio "signal" box which mounts on the back seat
box front speaker boxes
rear speaks
front speaks
4 mini amps

its not an easy swap not by a long shot. best advice i can give you is go aftermarket but since you seem determined i can help as much as possible. ebay should have the boxes speaks and amps probably even the transponder box, but youll be hard pressed to find the wire harness. this youll have to have someone remove from their car without cutting and send to you, or go to a yard look for any eldo with 96+ bose *95 and lower had different transponder box different wireing harness and different radio, the speakers and boxes and amps are interchangeable* and remove it yourself

if need be i do have the front speaks themselves i could sell you if intereseted
also i hope to god you got the vin of the car the radio came from or the dealer will NOT unlock it...

#3 ·
Cadillac ETC
Thanks for the input. Did a little more reading after I posted the help question. I still am interested in making a change. I am pretty handy, as I have worked as a technician for a living. THrough the years I have installed several stereo systems. The latest was a multi amp set up for mu son's mustang. We used two old school Precision power amps, with Pioneer CD changer, and Pioneer input box for his ipod...pretty cool. So, the work does not bother me too much. I have a shop manual on order which will help. I am interested in the speckers you have for sale. Also, not sure that a transponder box is. Sounds like some type of RC controlled device. I did see some rear deck speakers with bilt in amps for sale on eBay. Should they work with the new Bose HU. And yes I did get a bill of sale complete with the VIN the Hu came from. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

#4 ·
hey man my 97 ETC had bose but i swapped it out when i installed my pioneer n1. i was gonna install a factory navi from an 03 deville into my eldo but to many variables left me to not risk wastin almost 1k on something that may not work. the transponder box is hard to come by especially for a 96+ system. It needs to come from a 96-97 seville or 96-02 eldorado. These are what the speaks i have look like
eBay Motors: CADILLAC ALLANTE BOSE STEREO SPEAKERS NO RESERVE (item 150034999275 end time Sep-27-06 09:26:42 PDT)
and these rear speaks will be what you need
eBay Motors: BOSE 6X9 SPEAKERS CADILLAC - NISSAN - CORVETTE (item 330032891985 end time Oct-01-06 21:30:32 PDT)

#6 ·
Thanks for the pictures. I will bid on the speakers. Will I need a special enclosure for the front door speakers? Also, while I appreciate the picture of the remote reciever/transponer I still really don't know what its function is. I looks like an amp. but I am sure it is not. Can you tell me what its function is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.