: Another day wasted on this car!!!

passionaterage
09-24-06, 07:23 PM
I just have to vent to people who understand, so you guys win...lol. I've had a check engine light on for a while now, saying it was the front drivers side o2 sensor. So yesterday I attemted to change it. Had a new sensor, had all the tools I'd need (or so I thought), and I went to work. Well, when I finally got the old one out, not only were the threads on it ruined, but the threads in the tailpipe itself were gone. So I try to find a tap to fit it, but it's a larger size then is sold in standard sets. Finally this morning I found one to fit, but you had to buy the whole set, 80 bucks...ouch. I come home and try the correct size, and it does nothing but bore the hole out where there's no threads at all! I ended up having to use epoxy putty that hardens like steel to hold the sensor in. I drive the car after all that, and now it says the o2 heater on that same sensor isn't working, PLUS the heater on ANOTHER sensor. AND my tranny light came on like it's been doing off and on for a while now!!. God, I hate this car so much, but I have so much money in it I hate to just give it away, which is basically what you have to do when they always have trouble. The os sensors maybe I could eventually fix, but the tranny thing I have no clue. I changed the filter and fluid and it changes great, but after like 25 miles the light comes on and it goes into "limp home" mode. All is well again when I turn the car off and back on again. Piece of crap!!!!....lol. Ok guys, I'm done, hope you enjoyed this story, cause I sure loved getting it off my chest...lol.

guardian
09-24-06, 08:07 PM
Wow nasty experience! Wish I had answers. I don't, but likely others here will.

On threads, sometimes these help:

Heli-Coil ( HeliCoil Inserts ) Screw Thread Inserts | Emhart.com (http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp)

RoadStarMagazine.com - How to use a Helicoil (http://www.roadstarmagazine.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=233)

But given you're doing the work you are doing, you most likely know already.

Sorry.:crybaby: