Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Xm Radio!?!?

877 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  yourgmsolutions 
#1 ·
i have a 95 eldo and i was thinking about getting xm radio but all i have is a cigarette lighter plug, i dont think it would work if i plugged it in there, so am i basically out of luck or what because i dont want to spend a ton of money getting a new radio installed when im only going to have this car for another year or two until i get a new one

#2 · (Edited)
Hello...

What makes you think it won't work?
Is your lighter operable?
Do you have a cassette?

XM units are available with car kits which include a cassette adapter
and a power supply that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

Do a little research/leg work and I'm sure you'll find a solution.

Post back your results.

#4 ·
I added an XM using a modulator kit, which requires you to remove your dash radio to get to the antenna. The great thing about this approach is the modulator also provides power to the XM car cradle. You can frequently find these kits (used) on eBay. I found somebody selling both the modulator AND the car kit (cradle and antenna) together for about 25 bucks.

You'll need a shop manual, however, to track down which bay in which plug-in connector carries the positive 12V. As an added benefit it will run off the retained power just like the radio when you turn off the ignition!

#5 ·
why don't you buy alpine CD Player CDA-9820XM
built in XM radio already. so it's everything in one. and if you or your installer does clean install, you can swap it back when ready to sell your car. and then You can install this alpine radio in your new car
here is link for that radio

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

i'm sure you can find a good deal on net on the internet or local pap's mam's shop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.