Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CUE Uninstall Video

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pissedoffwookiee 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a video of replacing radio module and usb or even just taking CUE out? I am thinking of getting the 2.5 HMI with CarPlay. The HMI is easy enough to replace but I also have to change a radio module and the usb in the back of the CUE??? There is a video out there but it fast forwards the part of taking out the CUE. I am not good with stuff like this and I'm trying to keep from having to pay installation let alone finding someone to do it.

#2 ·
You're probably better off posting this question in the CUE section instead of here, as you'll have a better chance of getting help there. Alternatively, have you tried searching that section - they have some textual information on the process, as I recall.

EDIT: I see you posted this question there already... double posting is not a good idea, fyi...

#4 ·
I know what you mean about no help at all! I am just trying to find out where all the components for the radio system are
and I can't even get information on something that simple. I know the HMI is behind the glove compartment, but I can not find
out where the GPS Splitter is on the 2014 ATS.

#5 ·
http://www.oemautopartsco.com/produ...-xts-srx-cue-io6-gps-navigation-radio-upgrade

See the images of the service manual to see where it's located. It's not enough detail, but it's a start... I don't think anyone has video/photo documented it - Cadillac users aren't usually the type to tinker, it seems. And, since this is a new upgrade/idea, it makes sense there is no existing doc... so you'll just have to get in there and document it for others. :)

#7 ·
this post made me smile and reminded me of the first day in a econ class in college the prof wrote in big letters on the white board TINSTAAFL then preceeded with his lecture...at the end of the class before letting us leave he grabbed a yardstick and proceeded to walk across the whiteboard tapping the letters with the yardstick as he went and said with each tap.....TAP! "There", TAP! "Is", TAP! "No", TAP! "Such", TAP! "Thing", TAP! "As", TAP! "A", TAP! "Free", TAP! "Lunch"...then sent us on our way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.