: Real-World 07 SRX Pictures GMInsideNews

BaseBoy
09-23-06, 10:09 AM
2007 Cadillac SRX Real Life Photos - GMInsideNews Forums (http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37647)
links to real-world 07 SRX pictures from GMInsideNews.

caddycruiser
09-23-06, 11:24 AM
Looks terrific, and the inside is definately a significant upgrade over the '04-06s, fixing what was probably one of the biggest downfalls given the price. Not an insane "WOW!", but in a different world compared to before and finally looks like how it should have been done all along. A new steering wheel, and cruise controls on that wheel, would have helped out even more, along with glitzier gauges.

Lord Cadillac
09-23-06, 01:17 PM
That's the way a Cadillac interior is supposed to look.. Classy and comfortable...

c5 rv
09-23-06, 07:23 PM
I need to see it in person. I don't care for the pics of the redesigned center stack with the radio and clock.

john d
09-23-06, 10:14 PM
Where's the NAV?

syrob@MSN.COM
09-24-06, 03:00 AM
Looks terrific, and the inside is definately a significant upgrade over the '04-06s, fixing what was probably one of the biggest downfalls given the price. Not an insane "WOW!", but in a different world compared to before and finally looks like how it should have been done all along. A new steering wheel, and cruise controls on that wheel, would have helped out even more, along with glitzier gauges.My reaction is just the opposite. having put on 1500 miles on a new DTS (which is a shocking disappointment) with similar controls I can tell you they STINK! Not intuitive, JUNK LCD resolution. Feel CHEAP. The steering wheel is about the only good thing left. More “glitzer” gauges?? How about wire wheels, curb feelers and a cloth top?

SYROB

syrob@MSN.COM
09-24-06, 07:42 AM
Could be worse though, check out the new Navigator, YUCK

See thumbnail

SYROB

syrob@MSN.COM
09-24-06, 07:58 AM
Can you believe FORD !! It is a 2007 ??

SYROB

MortnCyn
09-24-06, 08:59 AM
The SRX looks like the Saturn temp controls and radio to me. Do not like the new dash at all. Too much shiny stuff.

caddycruiser
09-24-06, 09:49 AM
Well, to a large part of the buying public and especially professional reviewers, they never liked the current SRX interior and it always stood out as the one "fly in the lemonade" of sorts.

That a majority of the current owners here think they like the older interior is no shock, because if you didn't, you probably wouldn't have bought or liked your SRX. It's quite a change, and in truth, everything is of a higher end quality and more expensive--the style is just a subjective thing.

I think this will only make the SRX stronger, especially in the eyes of proffesional reviewers who already love it and forgave the interior, and should get some more looks from shoppers comparing different competitors--people who actually visit this board on occasion and also say they really like the SRX overall, except for the inside which was more fitting to a vehicle of half the price.

The SRX looks like the Saturn temp controls and radio to me. Do not like the new dash at all. Too much shiny stuff.

Nope, sorry. Of all the new GM electronics and other hardware, Cadillac is the one brand that gets completely its own style and layout on things like stereos and HVAC. Most similar to these would be the DTS, as was mentioned.

My reaction is just the opposite. having put on 1500 miles on a new DTS (which is a shocking disappointment) with similar controls I can tell you they STINK! Not intuitive, JUNK LCD resolution. Feel CHEAP. The steering wheel is about the only good thing left. More “glitzer” gauges?? How about wire wheels, curb feelers and a cloth top?

SYROB

Well, you're in the minority on that one. The DTS is a shocking improvement, at least inside, over the Deville, and even alone has gotten quite glowing reviews all around. Not a Rolls, but finally up to or at least close to the foreign competition in terms of materials, fit, and solidity.

As far as the gauges, I'm not the only one to say that, and was referring to something that maybe looked a little richer or a tad more detailed, and not just basic black on white like an economy car. Think of the glowing blue needles in the Escalade, just as one example. Basically just something to match the level of the rest of the interior.

caddycruiser
09-24-06, 10:04 AM
Good comparo.

First an '05:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/srxold.jpg

and now the '07:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/CadillacSRX/Images2007/Dash.jpg

Preferring one or the other is a personal thing, but there's no way you can deny the large step up in design cohesiveness and material quality. It's basically going from nothing but hard injection-molded Lego plastic and big gaps to precisely fitting leather wrapped and stitched panels...and keeping the same pricetag in the end.

syrob@MSN.COM
09-24-06, 10:28 AM
""Well, you're in the minority on that one. The DTS is a shocking improvement, at least inside, over the Deville, and even alone has gotten quite glowing reviews all around. Not a Rolls, but finally up to or at least close to the foreign competition in terms of materials, fit, and solidity.""

Honestly, I had the new DTS for two weeks. 10 years behind anything from LEXUS or Acura. Torque steer, exhaust noise but no go, sloppy steering/handling. Those cheap feeling climate controls. As an example, the base model without NAV has such a low resolution LCD that XM and the channel numbers blend in so they are hard to tell apart. Shocking for what is supposed to be a high end model.

There are just too many apologies for poor design...

SYROB

Kalibr
09-24-06, 10:31 AM
The '07 interior is by far an improvement over the previous years. Kudos to GM!

Although, it's probably too soon to have revamped the exterior completely, it could have used some minor improvement. I personally think the sides of the SRX are a little bland... too much expanse of sheet metal. Some fender vents (like Escalade) or side badges would have given it more interest. But overall, it’s still a great SUV.

caddycruiser
09-24-06, 11:00 AM
""Well, you're in the minority on that one. The DTS is a shocking improvement, at least inside, over the Deville, and even alone has gotten quite glowing reviews all around. Not a Rolls, but finally up to or at least close to the foreign competition in terms of materials, fit, and solidity.""

Honestly, I had the new DTS for two weeks. 10 years behind anything from LEXUS or Acura. Torque steer, exhaust noise but no go, sloppy steering/handling. Those cheap feeling climate controls. As an example, the base model without NAV has such a low resolution LCD that XM and the channel numbers blend in so they are hard to tell apart. Shocking for what is supposed to be a high end model.

There are just too many apologies for poor design...

SYROB

Agreed on just about all of those points (it is still a sad car, considering what you would think a Caddy flagship in the year 2006 should be), but the interior overall deserves more credit. Actually, it still might not be trully equal to some foreign competitors in some areas, but it's still a nice piece in terms of general materials, design, and assembly.

That said, and again, this SRX upgrade should still really help it out a lot, because it's never really needed much in any other area.

c5 rv
09-24-06, 11:22 AM
Can you believe FORD !! It is a 2007 ??

SYROB

One of my sons had a 1985 Town Car. The gauges look like they belong there.

Fyreman235
09-25-06, 09:41 AM
Looks terrific, and the inside is definately a significant upgrade over the '04-06s, fixing what was probably one of the biggest downfalls given the price. Not an insane "WOW!", but in a different world compared to before and finally looks like how it should have been done all along. A new steering wheel, and cruise controls on that wheel, would have helped out even more, along with glitzier gauges.
Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel are obviously a personal preference. My second vehicle has them, and I hate it. I have to take my left hand off the wheel to turn the system on, and then take the right hand off to set it. On the SRX, I can touch the button on the stalk without looking or taking either hand of the wheel.

c5 rv
09-25-06, 12:42 PM
The more pics of that center stack I see, the less I like it. It doesn't appear to be angled toward the driver anymore. Plus overall shape and the emphasis on how the stack is wider at the top make it look ugly. It looks like it belongs in something like a Subaru Tribeca. (In fact, it would really help the Tribeca interior.) I need to see one in person. I'm so glad I got an '06.

mjk
09-25-06, 01:24 PM
I have to say that I really like it. I also agree with the TRIBECA analogy, except that subaru materials looked kinda cheap.
Does anyone know however, if you'll be able to see if you're in 'D' 'R' 'N' etc without looking to the side at the shifter? It seams like I'm the only one bothered by that....:confused:

john d
09-25-06, 01:26 PM
AC vents look larger but seems the center passenger vent to the right of the center stack is gone.
May just be that the picture isn't wide enough to capture the passegers relocated center vent.
Sure dislike the chrome on the trim.

Kalibr
09-25-06, 04:37 PM
What's with the SRX4 badge on the liftgate? What's the "4" stand for?

c5 rv
09-25-06, 07:35 PM
What's with the SRX4 badge on the liftgate? What's the "4" stand for?

Probably following the STS4 badge on AWD STS units. Interesting that a few months ago someone here was asking about how to tell the difference between a RWD and AWD SRX on a used unit without a sticker. Problem solved.

robhersch
09-26-06, 10:00 AM
The more pics of that center stack I see, the less I like it. It doesn't appear to be angled toward the driver anymore. Plus overall shape and the emphasis on how the stack is wider at the top make it look ugly. It looks like it belongs in something like a Subaru Tribeca. (In fact, it would really help the Tribeca interior.) I need to see one in person. I'm so glad I got an '06.

Thanks for the side-by-side photos, they are great!!

Ditto for me. I find my '05 controls very viewable and easy to use; and I prefer the angle-toward-the-driver center stack. The radio, the CD, the A/C controls, and their viewing screens seem to be more accessable to the driver on the original design; and I personally prefer the '05 control buttons & up-down buttons - as less distracting for the driver to use while on the freeway - to the new rotating knobs and the "new european-VW" metal trim.
Also, my ebony '05 interior does not create a stark contrast between the "standard" ebony dash and door components and a light color interior decor.

I understand why some would prefer the '07 design and more power to them, but I would not consider replacing an '04, '05, '06 just for the new interior.

donjumpsuit
09-26-06, 12:12 PM
I can't beleive its possible for that A-pillar to be any bigger. IF it gets any bigger you will need a mirror to see around it to make sure you are making it around a curb.
I feel like people think I am having an epileptic siezure trying to see around the windshield column on my side, moving back in forth.

c5 rv
09-26-06, 06:04 PM
I saw an 07 SRX4 with N* on the road this afternoon with regular plates. The new colored logos on the wheels look OK and thunder gray is a great color. I couldn't see anything of the interior except the top metalwork of the center stack. I thought it might have had the base interior until I looked at the Cadillac website and saw that all models have a metal surround instead of wood.

Smokin' SRX
10-05-06, 09:17 AM
I have to say that I really like it. I also agree with the TRIBECA analogy, except that subaru materials looked kinda cheap.
Does anyone know however, if you'll be able to see if you're in 'D' 'R' 'N' etc without looking to the side at the shifter? It seams like I'm the only one bothered by that....:confused:

That's always bothered me too!! Gear selection should be on the dash also! I always look down to make sure I put it in "D" instead of "4", which I bet many do. I have found out after cruising along the highway and finanlly noticing higher RPM's that I'm in "4".
Small , but a pain. Also for Reverse......once I forgot I had backed up a bit on a drive-thru,till I hit the gas! Would've helped if the "R" was on the dash in front of me!
I think the new dash is a "triple".