: 2007 Sts Option Problem

KOREAVET
09-22-06, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I just signed up for the Cadillac Owners.Com. I have a question and I hope that someone could answer it. I placed an order for a 2007 STS with the V6 engine, the ISC option, Navigation system, sun roof. My lease for my 2004 CTS is up. I was told to order it with the AWD because of the snow in my area.

I now find that with the AWD they switch to S rated tires, they eliminate the spoiler and the blowers for better performance.

My question is why? I called Cadillac and they could not give me an answer.

I was an engineering manager for a high tech company and I research things before I buy them however I figured that the sales person at the Cadillac dealer knew more than I.

Can anyone answer this.

Also a tire place (STS) told me that on AWD cars you must replace all the tires even if only one tire is worn or the transmission will be destroyed.

Thanks in advance. A great weekend to all.

Irwin

Baldtop
09-22-06, 07:08 PM
Not to worry. I own a 2006 AWD6 equipped the same way and it is a wonderful car. The AWD has a 3.23 rear end ratio, while the rear wheel drive 1SC has a 3.42 ratio. I think that gives the AWD a little advantage in slippery conditions. The rear drive model has different tire sizes front and back but the AWD is the same at all four corners. That gives you the opportunity to rotate for maximum tire life. The rear wheel model has an H rated higher performance tire that is not recommended for snowy winter driving. The AWD tires are better suited for all season performance. The S rating comes with a car that is governed at a lower speed. Don't think that I will go any where close to the112 mph S rating. Personally, I think that the car looks much classier without that spoiler, and the comment from the tire shop makes little sense to me since Cadillac's AWD system consists of three open differentials. I'm sure that you will be quite pleased with your new AWD6. It has plenty of pep and on the highway, I have seen over 28mpg at a steady 70mph. Enjoy!

997tt
09-24-06, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I just signed up for the Cadillac Owners.Com. I have a question and I hope that someone could answer it. I placed an order for a 2007 STS with the V6 engine, the ISC option, Navigation system, sun roof. My lease for my 2004 CTS is up. I was told to order it with the AWD because of the snow in my area.

I now find that with the AWD they switch to S rated tires, they eliminate the spoiler and the blowers for better performance.

My question is why? I called Cadillac and they could not give me an answer.

I was an engineering manager for a high tech company and I research things before I buy them however I figured that the sales person at the Cadillac dealer knew more than I.

Can anyone answer this.

Also a tire place (STS) told me that on AWD cars you must replace all the tires even if only one tire is worn or the transmission will be destroyed.

Thanks in advance. A great weekend to all.

Irwin

The tranny will not be destroyed, I can assure you. On another note, I notice you lease, and you have a full 5y/100k warranty. So why even care about the tranny?
Drive the way you think the car needs to be driven. And if ever only ONE tire goes bald... theres something else wrong.. And it won't be the tranny. Probably a bad alignment. Tires go bald in 2's, if you rotate them every 7-8k, they will go in 4's.

As for the question about why cadillac (or any other brand) does anything... who really knows?

Benjamin Simon
09-28-06, 07:58 AM
Hold on. Wait. What kind of tires come with AWD? As it speed rated? I am sure as hell not going to have a car that is limited to 112mph. Every now and then I like to show up some people.

AllWheelEric
09-29-06, 10:15 AM
It depends. My AWD came with W-rated tires (168 mph).

Baldtop
09-29-06, 05:28 PM
The AWD6 has S rated tires, AWD8 has the higher rating.