: 00 catera dr side turn signal stays on when lights are on inside dash......

anthony303
09-21-06, 07:38 PM
2000 catera when lights are off turn signal light isnt on when its night time drivers side turn signal stays lite on dash when i use it it flashes fast. what is the problem or steer me in the right direction??????

CateraSport2000
10-29-06, 08:00 PM
I have this same problem... does anyone know how to fix it?

graphicsman
10-29-06, 08:33 PM
When I've seen this in other cars, you have one of the other bulbs in the chain out or shorted.

holbdy
07-02-09, 01:34 PM
ha ha my catera doesnt automatically turn the signal off after you take the turn but im used to manually turning it off now....

regentselite
07-03-09, 09:42 PM
a catera at my old car lot was having the same problem. they replaced the multi function switch and it cured the issue.

TitanCTS
07-04-09, 12:29 PM
Take out the drivers side turn signal bulb with the socket in your drivers side headlight. This happened to me to. The bulbs contacts burn up and shorts out causing the bulb to stay illuminated all the time. Get a new bulb and clean out the contacts on the bulb socket. Most of the time you can get away with cleaning the contacts in the socket but some occasions the sockets will be badly burnt and you need to replace that socket which is pretty pricey for what it is.. $55. Use a small file for filing nails to clean the contacts on the socket and put in a new bulb.. That should take care of it. :D