: Loosing audio tone settings

jgrade
09-21-06, 10:29 AM
Every once in a while I loose the settings for the audio properties. When I go into the properties by hitting the note hard button I find that the tone controls are all set back to center but the fader and balance are still set where I left them. I canít find a common theme as to when this occurs. I just notice that the music is flat and the setting have changed.

I have tried everything to stop this from happening. I thought maybe there was a separate memory for each source and preset since some of the XM presets had the settings correct and others were not, but after fixing the settings they just reverted at a later date. I then tried setting the tone and then saving my personal settings in the driver info screen. No luck. Also, for some reason the radio, again on itís own, will adjust the volume depending on speed even though the setting clearly has that turned off.

Anyone else have such problems?

Oakland Raiders
09-21-06, 12:00 PM
I've had the same exact problem off and on for a year and a half now. I also have had on numerous occassions all of my favorite channels getting reset to my wife's settings after she uses her own FOB to drive the car. Even though I open the car with my own FOB and her FOB is literally hundreds of feet away, all of my radio settings get changed.

The dealership has never been able to replicate it (of course) when I bring it in so I just live with it. I already have my eye on that new Lexus GS Hybrid for next year so I'm just going to stick it out with the STS for awhile. It's so frustrating!

Jesda
09-22-06, 04:45 AM
I dont recall what the solution was, but there's previous threads on this issue worth searching for.

DrWizard
09-22-06, 01:07 PM
Once while driving, I used a voice command. I don't remember which one, but the VC replied erroneously "set driver 2." That changed some of my wife's settings as she was driver 2. When she drove the car, she noticed that some of her settings were off for no reason (audio included). This may be what happens sometimes when settings are changed with no logical explanation.