: service entertainment

louisn
09-20-06, 02:14 PM
Squeaky brakes--worst I've ever heard. I can hear my wife braking a 1/4 of a mile away.
Hatch is so misaligned you can see sunlight between the hatch and weatherstripping in both bottom corners.
I don't have a good feeling about fixing these problems:eek: . I hope I'm wrong.:thumbsup:

c5 rv
09-20-06, 06:47 PM
My 06 hasn't had anything serious. From your title, I thought you had a DIC message saying "Service Entertainment System". I wondered what all that entailed.

TSS
09-21-06, 08:03 AM
From your title, I thought you had a DIC message saying "Service Entertainment System". I wondered what all that entailed.

me too..........

louisn
09-21-06, 12:45 PM
My 06 hasn't had anything serious. From your title, I thought you had a DIC message saying "Service Entertainment System". I wondered what all that entailed.
That entertaiment system option was too expensive!:stirpot:

c5 rv
09-21-06, 07:10 PM
That entertaiment system option was too expensive!:stirpot:

I agree! But, it was on the only stealth gray, V6, RWD, non-UV, lux unit in 5 states.

louisn
09-24-06, 12:06 PM
Of course the brakes still squeaks although they sprayed them down with something called quiet brake. Any ideas? Did the fact the car sat on the lot for 10 months before I bought it contribute to the squeak? I'm calling again and complaining ASAP and starting a case. They are defective iMHO.

louisn
09-25-06, 01:31 PM
I found this cure for squeaky brakes on the web: Brake hard 5 times in a row from 50 miles an hour on a deserted road.. Low and behold the LOUD squeak is gone for now. The brakes got very hot :bighead: and something must have happened. My wife thinks I'm a gem now.:bouncy: I think I burned something off the pads or rotors. Just guessing but the dealer had NO clue. It was referred to on the web as an "old mechanics trick.":highfive: We'll see..

Smokin' SRX
09-29-06, 08:50 AM
I found this cure for squeaky brakes on the web: Brake hard 5 times in a row from 50 miles an hour on a deserted road.. Low and behold the LOUD squeak is gone for now. The brakes got very hot :bighead: and something must have happened. My wife thinks I'm a gem now.:bouncy: I think I burned something off the pads or rotors. Just guessing but the dealer had NO clue. It was referred to on the web as an "old mechanics trick.":highfive: We'll see..

Just had my 4 brakes replaced (rotors only cut). There was the typical "low pad sensor whistle", while driving and braking! I had 19K miles, of brisk driving! Caddy did the job for $495., including new hardware kits! Other shops wanted $375., and didn't mention new hardware kit! (who knows if Caddy gave it to me??)
All's well.

louisn
09-29-06, 11:14 AM
Just had my 4 brakes replaced (rotors only cut). There was the typical "low pad sensor whistle", while driving and braking! I had 19K miles, of brisk driving! Caddy did the job for $495., including new hardware kits! Other shops wanted $375., and didn't mention new hardware kit! (who knows if Caddy gave it to me??)
All's well.
It's been almost a week and no squeaks yet after the "mechanics trick." My caddy mechanic said I had 80% pads left after 11,000 miles so i figure I'm good for another 40-50000 miles on the original brakes absent squeaks and warped rotors. Were your pads actually worn out?--- if so, you must drive her very hard.:thehand:
BTW, I have the Northstar 4 wheel drive.

louisn
09-29-06, 11:14 AM
double post