: Anyone own / see non-leather Catera?

investor74
09-19-06, 12:55 PM
One of the curiosities about he '97 Catera is that is was actually offered with cloth upolstery. Caddy did that to get the starting price below 30 grand to compete with the Lexus E300 and some others. Leather was actually optional. I remember thinking - who would buy a Cadillac without leather?

Did Caddy ever sell one without leather?

Barry

guardian
09-19-06, 01:43 PM
I vaguely recall seeing a non-leather Cat advertised for sale. I remember being surprised. They must be "scarce as hen's teeth".

CateraSport2000
09-19-06, 07:03 PM
The base base model (to keep it under 30K) came with cloth. I've seen a few on ebay. They look comfy!

tadrewcook
10-20-06, 05:54 PM
It's funny that I found this thread when I did. I was at the library today and saw a cat with cloth seats. I thought it odd, since I didn't think cloth was in Cadillac's vocabulary.

CateraSport2000
10-20-06, 07:44 PM
Yes, they exist and they look super comfortable... sometimes I'd rather just have cloth seats. I'm sure they can be easily swapped out if you can find them!

Zorb750
10-21-06, 05:28 AM
The problem with cloth is that a lot of manufacturers put vastly inferior padding under their cloth seats, to sort of inexpensively (For them) push you into buying leather. The car at the showroom is leather, the car you ask to test drive is cloth. The cloth seat feels like concrete with 1" of padding (Friend's old 2000 Ford Taurus lease car comes to mind....), so you change your mind and buy the leather.

The last gen Deville had an option to a (very comfortable) deluxe velour cloth seating. Most Buicks can have good cloth seats too.

Kcryan
10-21-06, 04:11 PM
Ive seen one or 2 on ebay