: Fender vents on the SRX

Kalibr
09-17-06, 11:11 PM
I recently picked up my new 2006 SRX. I've liked Caddy's A&S styling since it was first introduced, especially on the SRX. However, I think the sides of the SRX are a little bland and can use some accents to give it some interest. I really like the fender vents on the new Escalade. I think the SRX could definitely benefit from them as well.

I was thinking of installing some on my car, but decided to photoshop it before I spend any time or money. Iím also considering installing a set of Caddy crest and wreath emblems on the C pillars. I'm curious to know what you guys think. Let me know. Thanks

john d
09-17-06, 11:49 PM
I like it!
Ran some decal pin stripes the length of mine... makes a big difference too.

donjumpsuit
09-18-06, 02:03 AM
That caddy badge on the C-pillar is "mint".

syrob@MSN.COM
09-18-06, 08:42 AM
I recently picked up my new 2006 SRX. I've liked Caddy's A&S styling since it was first introduced, especially on the SRX. However, I think the sides of the SRX are a little bland and can use some accents to give it some interest. I really like the fender vents on the new Escalade. I think the SRX could definitely benefit from them as well.

I was thinking of installing some on my car, but decided to photoshop it before I spend any time or money. Iím also considering installing a set of Caddy crest and wreath emblems on the C pillars. I'm curious to know what you guys think. Let me know. Thanks

ONLY if they were functional, otherwise NO WAY
SYROB

Smokin' SRX
09-18-06, 09:35 AM

Hi!

Go with the Crest!! I think they are available from Caddy from an earlier Seville/DeVille as an OEM stick-on emblem! I've also seen them in gold, on E-Bay!! I put additional "Northstar V 8" badges on the lower front door panels of our very plain front doors (I just ordered 2 more of the OEM badges, from the rear hatch, from Caddy!) Now, the newer models just have a generic "GM" square emblem that looks ......... less than stylish! (they come off , I think, with WD-40 and some patience! Don't think a rivet is used.)

People still stop and look at our truck at traffic lites, but can't discern what brand truck it is, (??) till they see the front or rear Crests! Wish I had done the Crest!!!!!! May swap!

The advertiser on the right side of this forum page sells trim and ventri-ports for Caddy! (US Speed) See his add for pix of options! Go for it!!:thumbsup:

TSS
09-18-06, 10:19 AM
I took off my GM square emblems - THEY ARE NOT riveted.

I used a plastic putty knife to remove them and then some 3M adhesive remover to get the sticky stuff off. BTW, the 3M adhesive remover is the best product to have - it removes adhesives and road tar/paint overspray like nothing else out there.

john d
09-18-06, 11:35 AM
It's interesting to look back to the 50's and 60's when the "cool" thing was to remove the factory jewelry and fill in the holes with lead or bondo and re-paint the panel or the entire car.
Now, we like the "bling".
Will whitewalls, mud flaps, curb feelers, bug shields, fuzzy dice, steering wheel knobs and spinners make a comeback?

c5 rv
09-18-06, 12:16 PM
In that Payback episode with the SRX, they installed the fender ports from an 07 Escalade and they looked very nice.

As for the question of whatever happened to mud flaps, bug shields, and other customizations, they never died - they just moved over to pickup trucks instead of cars. I think with more "car guys" moving from trucks back to cars, there will be more interest in customizing cars again.

Kalibr
09-18-06, 01:20 PM
I never saw the custom SRX on that Payback episode and haven't been able to find any pics online either. If anyone knows where I can find one, please post the link.

donjumpsuit
09-18-06, 05:49 PM
If anyone has that, post it on youtube. For some reason, I pay $200 bucks for cable a month, and the speed channel is a channel I don't get.

f117rt
10-02-06, 07:40 AM
Hi!

Go with the Crest!! I think they are available from Caddy from an earlier Seville/DeVille as an OEM stick-on emblem! I've also seen them in gold, on E-Bay!! I put additional "Northstar V 8" badges on the lower front door panels of our very plain front doors (I just ordered 2 more of the OEM badges, from the rear hatch, from Caddy!) Now, the newer models just have a generic "GM" square emblem that looks ......... less than stylish! (they come off , I think, with WD-40 and some patience! Don't think a rivet is used.)

People still stop and look at our truck at traffic lites, but can't discern what brand truck it is, (??) till they see the front or rear Crests! Wish I had done the Crest!!!!!! May swap!

The advertiser on the right side of this forum page sells trim and ventri-ports for Caddy! (US Speed) See his add for pix of options! Go for it!!:thumbsup:

What did the dealer charge you for the emblems?

Kalibr
10-02-06, 08:55 PM
I bought mine on ebay for $40 for the pair. They are excellent quality; can't tell them apart from the OEM emblems on the car. They come with prongs that stick out from the rear side, but they can easily be cut off to mount on a flat surface. I plan to install them this weekend and will post pics.

Smokin' SRX
10-02-06, 10:00 PM
What did the dealer charge you for the emblems?

I paid about $24 each, for the badge that comes standard, on the rear hatch of a '04 N* SRX! It's about 1" X 4", self adhesive tape already on it, and is silver w/ black trim/letters. Has the N* symbol and word "Northstar".
Dressed up both front, lower, door panels a bit. But those crests on the rear "C" pillars are the bomb!! May swap!

BANK
10-02-06, 11:58 PM
Dental floss or fishing line will remove undesirable badging (as long as no rivits are present) and goo gone will take off the adhesive remains.

Pinstriping? Maybe the way to go. Something to break up the slab effect.

Kalibr
10-08-06, 07:36 PM
This weekend, I installed the crest emblems on the C pillars and a Caddy badge on the liftgate. I think it gives the car a classy look. Let me know what you guys think.

beekay
10-13-06, 03:37 PM
Foose Design Official Website - Hot Rods, Concept Cars, Muscle Cars, Official Merchandise, Wheels, Apparel, Rides (http://www.chipfoose.com/gallery1b.aspx)

man what a design Chip and team did there!