: More Quirks with my eldo

AKPsiMC03
04-03-03, 12:00 AM
I have a few problems.

One: my throttle body keeps opening and closing on its own. Is there a motor on it somewhere? like in the TPS? or an IAC valve? It opend and clicks shut and keeps doing that, even when the car is off! If it turn the ignition to on but dont start it it clicks open and closed. Then while running. It wont do it at idle, only if it have a very small amount of throttle. Then it does it some more after it shut the car off. It deff sounds like there is a motor opening and closing it cus there is a buzzing sound. This problem makes the car surge (sometimes alot) when on driving, and if i take my foot off the gas i usually wont loose speed!

Next: My lights flicker. when its idleing or sitting at a light the lights dim and brighten rapidly. What causes this? do I need a new alternator? or is there a bad connetion somewhere?

Finally: I ran the diagnosis tonight at the Octane switch thinks im running 87. But I put premium in it every time! Its Stop and Shop gas though, so its not evactly the best stuff on earth. Could they be miss-lableing the gas? or could the sensor be bad?

I need help on this. I need ot get all this fixed before somehting breaks bad!

AKPsiMC03
04-03-03, 12:01 AM
oh yeah, its still not throwing any codes so the car thinks its fine.

RickTheRuler727
04-03-03, 03:16 AM
I've had the same flickering light problem since I bought my Eldo everything is fine. If the alternator was bad you would see no charge on youe information screen on the dash

AKPsiMC03
04-03-03, 12:52 PM
what makes an alternator do that though? did you check any of the connections? or could my alternator be gettong old and be on its way out?

but thats the least of my problems. I gotta find out what is making my throttle body open and close on its own.