: Alarm Chirp

ajmatson
09-17-06, 04:39 PM
I have searched and cant find this. I just bought an '01 Catera. It has the Factory Door Locks and Alarm that activates itself after 30 seconds. What I wanted to know is when I Lock/Unlock from the remote there is no horn honk to audible let me know it is active/deactive. Is there a way to enable it? Thanks.

todd2fst4u
09-17-06, 06:55 PM
im not sure about the '01 but i know my '98 doesnt. i guess none of the cateras have any audible alert.

Vesicant
09-17-06, 07:38 PM
That sounds like an aftermarket alarm system was installed on your Catera, as todd said and is correct, no Cateras make an audible sound when locked or unlocked.

netager
09-17-06, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure, think it's possible to make catera to honk when you program key fob with GM scanner - you can choose to honk or not, and to flash lights or not... But I'm not sure.

ajmatson
10-02-06, 09:48 PM
I still havent found the answer. I am going to try to call Caddilac to see if they can help me. I'll keep everyone posted.

1998catera
10-07-06, 09:07 PM
im pretty sure they don't...i know on the sts that a dealer lets me drive for months at a time you have to have the onboard computer to change it...which my cat doesnt have...grr...

omega98
10-22-06, 12:38 PM
i have a 98 catera and ive had it for 5yrs and ive never heard the horn when it locks i just listen for the click of the locks. a good way to check if the alarm is working is leave the window open and then lock it, wait a few min w/out using the key pull the lock up and open the door, it should go off.