: About to take delivery - 05 STS

997tt
09-16-06, 09:57 AM
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and am about to take delivery of an 05 STS.
I bought it used with 8k, its a V8 RWD.

I'll be honest with you guys I never thought I was going to buy a caddy, but this deal was too good to pass up.
Anyhow, I'd like to get some opinions on what I should do with it, and also had a few questions about the car after reading a few reviews.

Did the 05 v8's come standard with the heads-up display?
I don't have the car in my driveway and I didin't look into it when I test drove it.
I fell in love with the car a couple seconds after seeing it, and feeling the great improvement in interior quality over other caddy models (excluding the XLR)
This coming from a (now former) anti-american car guy. It was just the impression I had from american cars like the C6 vette with it's great engine/capabilitys but shitty interior. This car really changed my point of view for GM. Ford is still in the no-no zone (excluding the GT).
I'm from montreal canada and theres not to many STS' on the road.. extremely rare to see.
I'm also own a porsche cayenne on 22's and just parted with a G35 & an ML500.
Enough ranting;
Here are some pics -
Plans for next summer are 20's black rims w/ polished 1.5-2" lip

Benjamin Simon
09-16-06, 01:46 PM
Very, very, nice ride. I know alot about the options. I am getting a 05 STS within the year.
The heads-up display comes with the adaptive cruise control (ACC). That is not standard on any STS package. It is a stand alone option and must be added on to a package. I think the ACC only came as a option for the 1SF and 1SG packages. ACC can also be ID in the pictures by the Cadillac emblem on the front grill. It is more of a plate (Which is a radar dome of some sort) opposed to the non plate. It would appear you do not have the plate, so you would not have the ACC or the heads up display.

I like the current rims, anything over 18s might hurt the nice ride you have. I see you already have the cool v grill. I will also be doing that. The next thing I would suggest is a corsa exhaust.

997tt
09-16-06, 04:11 PM
Very, very, nice ride. I know alot about the options. I am getting a 05 STS within the year.
The heads-up display comes with the adaptive cruise control (ACC). That is not standard on any STS package. It is a stand alone option and must be added on to a package. I think the ACC only came as a option for the 1SF and 1SG packages. ACC can also be ID in the pictures by the Cadillac emblem on the front grill. It is more of a plate (Which is a radar dome of some sort) opposed to the non plate. It would appear you do not have the plate, so you would not have the ACC or the heads up display.

I like the current rims, anything over 18s might hurt the nice ride you have. I see you already have the cool v grill. I will also be doing that. The next thing I would suggest is a corsa exhaust.

Thanks! Is the AUX Input standard?... or would I not have that because I don't have the 14 speaker setup?