: Service Ride Control and traction control

clublime
02-18-04, 07:59 PM
The service ride control message came on briefly the other day and hasn't shown since. I dont know what to think. The front end does rattle quite a bit when driving on bumpy roads (all of them this time of year in wis.). Sounds like something is loose.

Is it possible to turn off the traction control? I think it is just the abs right? In my snow covered drive the thing sounds like the abs is grinding away with barely any throttle. When I say grinding I don't mean a bad thing just the abs continued pulse of the breaks.

thanks in advance
whoops you may want this info :)
94 eldo tc

Sean McDonald
02-18-04, 08:58 PM
Funny you mention that. I have similar noises comming from my front end (94 STS) and I got the error once before. Still haven't had it checked. As far as the Trac Control goes...there is a small fuse panel on the left wall of the trunk. The abs fuse is in the bottom right corner, pull that out and it will disable your abs and trac control.

clublime
02-18-04, 09:51 PM
Is there a way to keep the abs and just disable the traction control?

Sean McDonald
02-18-04, 11:34 PM
Through the Diagnostic mode with your in dash display. I just have no idea how to do it.

chaslchapman
04-04-06, 02:18 PM
A mechanic has replaced the suspension system on my 94 Eldo with an after market and he cannot stop the service ride control message on the computer.
Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.:thumbsup:

chaslchapman
04-04-06, 02:19 PM
gwetwe

mylac
05-28-06, 05:01 AM
Here is how to disable traction without loss of power, without loss of first gear and without loss of abs. First, on your guage cluster, in the climate control section, at the same time push and hold the "off" button and then the red heat button, the button that raises the temp inside. Hold these for about five seconds. After the computer does it thing and does it's diagnosis test (takes ten seconds or so) use the "up" button to select "PCM?". Use the "down" button until you find "PCM Override?" Use the "up" button again to ok this selection. You will now see PS00. Use the "down" button to select PS24. Use the "red" button to turn this off. Now hit the "off" button until you're out of the menu. Your display should now read "traction disabeled". You will have to do this every eleven key cycles. Have fun.

codewize
05-28-06, 08:33 AM
In addition I have experienced that if the TC and ABS are both faulting the problem is usually a wheel speed sensor. Very common on 93 and 94. I would even guess it's in the front.

If it's not a wheel speed sensor then it's the ABS control mod which is not cheap.