the little STS
02-18-04, 05:28 PM
ok so
when i drive my car pretty hard which is like almost always
it starts making a vibrating noise and if i put my foot next to the gas peddle
on the left side its vibrating??? help plz
problem #2
ok um
when i drive it normally the brakes seem to over heat like crazy!!!
and i just got them fixed grrrrrrrrrrrrrr so they make a nasty smell are they suposed to be super hot after driving them for an hour or 2??

the little STS
02-18-04, 06:26 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clublime
02-18-04, 07:15 PM
I am new here also but here is my go at it.

Sounds like the traction control is kicking in hence your vibration.
The traction control is just your abs brakes kicking in to eliminate wheel slippage. Which would be why your brakes are red hot.

You probably have a wheel speed sensor or whatever the caddy has for monitoring wheel speed which would control the traction control.

Take it in and have it checked out again.

the little STS
02-18-04, 10:06 PM
omg :bonkers:
last tyme i waited 3 hours for my fu@@@n brakes it cost me 305 dollars omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fristim
02-19-04, 09:00 AM
Here's a hint, STOP DRIVING SO HARD!!!!

akaz87
02-19-04, 08:13 PM
Haha,
DRIVE HARD! An STS is ment to drive hard, if you dont want to drive hard then get the SLS, right? I dont think its your traction system. It sounds like you might just need your tires rotated. What pads are you using on the breaks. I hope the cadillac ones, they are made specially to extend the high heat from the heavy car and breaking fast. I hope that helps

the little STS
02-19-04, 09:00 PM
Here's a hint, STOP DRIVING SO HARD!!!!

is there any other way to drive than hard i dont know how uve been driving but i only drive hard
i live my life a quarter mile at a tyme for nothing else matters not the team and there BS for those ten seconds or less im free