: Rims ON SRX-Hello - i'm new

fresharch
09-11-06, 01:42 PM
I just purchased a black SRX... and i want to put some aftermarket rims on it. Currently it has factory 17" rims.. I want 20" or 22" rims. What does everyone think and what kind.

Darshan..

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum.

RedGalant2k1
09-11-06, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

20s are a great fit on the SRX.

You can check out pictures of SRXs on www.Cardomain.com

donjumpsuit
09-12-06, 02:04 AM
go with these, they are SIIIIIICK!!!!!

Giovanna ararat BlackCap 20's with Toyos.

fresharch
09-12-06, 10:06 AM
thanks for the feedback.. it seems like everyone is going with the 20s instead of the 22's........

the more feedback the better.. thanks all

dee

caddycruiser
09-12-06, 01:31 PM
I'm not an SRX'er, but I think 20's would probably be a good choice if going in that direction. Large, definately, but you still have some tire left. As long as they aren't too heavy, the performance hinder shouldn't be too bad either.

22's would be a bit over the top, and do more harm than good as far as looks and general performance. Then again, looking at some pics, 22's fit pretty nicely...just not the best choice for a daily driver.

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 11:03 AM
Tomorrow I will be putting these on the wife's SRX, 20s and chrome. What do you guys think?

05SRXV6
09-14-06, 11:45 AM
Beautiful... Post pictures when you get them mounted!

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 11:48 AM
Beautiful... Post pictures when you get them mounted!
Thanks, I will.

fresharch
09-14-06, 12:11 PM
Ya.. i can't wait to see those rims on the SRX. Do you think they look somewhat like the factory SRX Rims. The 18"'s. They are still nice though.. Looks like 20's are the best bet then.... i heard that the 2007 are coming with 20's stock.

Dee

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 12:53 PM
Ya.. i can't wait to see those rims on the SRX. Do you think they look somewhat like the factory SRX Rims. The 18"'s. They are still nice though.. Looks like 20's are the best bet then.... i heard that the 2007 are coming with 20's stock.

Dee
The 07 will have a polished split spoke design. The wheels I posted above are 20" chrome versions of the CTS-V wheels. That is the reason I got them, I have an 05 CTS-V and the stock wheels were the same except they were painted silver, I opted for the polished split spoke because at the time there was not a chrome version of the stock wheel. Here are some pics of the stock and optional wheels on my V.

vdo
09-14-06, 01:45 PM
I also think 20" rims offer a nice combination of looks, performance, and daily drivability. I've got 20" MC2 Bax wheels:

http://www.lamdo.com/srx_pics/images/my_srx06.jpg

http://www.lamdo.com/images/pics/srx_side.jpg

Smokin' SRX
09-14-06, 02:14 PM
[quote=vdo;805027]I also think 20" rims offer a nice combination of looks, performance, and daily drivability. I've got 20" MC2 Bax wheels:

They are beauty's!!!:bouncy:
But........... NOT to be the "wet blanket here........I'm a very fussy RIDE quality guy! You all know the SRX will ride NOTICEABLY harder with 20's, right??? Power loss w/ the N* will not be an issue. Not sure with the V-6? But gotta admit , that's a great look w/ 20"!!!

Now for a different alternative option: Go on EBAY.COM and search for SRX CHROME wheels!! Some shop/retailer is selling a set of 4 @ $900. , no trade required! OR $450. , if you send yours in AFTER you receive his! Pix are outstanding to see there! Take a look if oem 18" are your choice! Good luck!!:thumbsup:

/quote]

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 02:14 PM
I also think 20" rims offer a nice combination of looks, performance, and daily drivability. I've got 20" MC2 Bax wheels:

http://www.lamdo.com/srx_pics/images/my_srx06.jpg

http://www.lamdo.com/images/pics/srx_side.jpg
Very nice, we are also looking at the running boards. Where did you get them? Also, how did you lower your SRX?

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 02:19 PM
I also want to get some of these wheel well trim.

vdo
09-14-06, 02:42 PM
Very nice, we are also looking at the running boards. Where did you get them? Also, how did you lower your SRX?Thanks. I got the running boards from the dealer for $470 prepainted. And they, in turn, ordered them from Vogue-Tyre I believe. My SRX is dropped on Eibach Prokit springs that I got from TireRack for $240.

DarkKnight
09-14-06, 02:46 PM
Thanks. I got the running boards from the dealer for $470 prepainted. And they, in turn, ordered them from Vogue-Tyre I believe. My SRX is dropped on Eibach Prokit springs that I got from TireRack for $240.
How many inches did it drop your SRX?

vdo
09-14-06, 02:55 PM
How many inches did it drop your SRX?The springs are rated at 1.4"F, 1.6"R. The actual drop was more like 1" all around. I attribute the difference to maybe the springs being designed for a V8 AWD, and my SRX is a V6 RWD, which is lighter by around 300lbs.

DarkKnight
09-15-06, 10:21 PM
Well here it is, she's dirty but I took pictures anyway. Next on are running boards; the wheel well trim I posted earlier and a one-inch drop all around.

Smokin' SRX
09-16-06, 09:40 AM
Well here it is, she's dirty but I took pictures anyway. Next on are running boards; the wheel well trim I posted earlier and a one-inch drop all around.

Stunning!! Love the grill! Just found out the forum advertiser , US Speed, (on the far RIGHT of screen!) has grills, chrome trim, etc!)

Any noticeable problems with what appear to be same size 20" wheels all around ? My AWD N* came with the infamous 18" different widths and sizes, F & R !

DarkKnight
09-16-06, 10:38 AM
Stunning!! Love the grill! Just found out the forum advertiser , US Speed, (on the far RIGHT of screen!) has grills, chrome trim, etc!)

Any noticeable problems with what appear to be same size 20" wheels all around ? My AWD N* came with the infamous 18" different widths and sizes, F & R !
No problems, we did a fit test on the front and turned the steering wheel all the way in each direction. The stock fronts were smaller on mine also.

TSS
09-16-06, 07:33 PM
Very very nice - I do question the running board decision though. Let us know how it all turns out. For a variety of reasons, I did not like the (stock) running boards on my 99 or 01 tahoes - had nothing to do with looks.

fresharch
09-17-06, 12:13 PM
DarkKnight.. awsome ride.. looks great... i can't wait until if figure out what Rims to buy. I will be going with the 20"s for sure. Still Looking though.. I have a black SRX... Let me know what ya think of these Wheels.... I did like the Giovanna ararat that was posted earlier.. Here are a few other options. Too bad the MHT rims I want won't fit my car :(... What do you guys think....

Dee

Smokin' SRX
09-17-06, 12:29 PM
DarkKnight.. awsome ride.. looks great... i can't wait until if figure out what Rims to buy. I will be going with the 20"s for sure. Still Looking though.. I have a black SRX... Let me know what ya think of these Wheels.... I did like the Giovanna ararat that was posted earlier.. Here are a few other options. Too bad the MHT rims I want won't fit my car :(... What do you guys think....

Dee

Hi!
Had a set just like these previously. Looks Great in chrome! (alot of caliper showed however!) I found the many right-angle surfaces time consuming to clean! My Yukon has smooth, curved, wider, chrome rims and cleaning is a snap! The many little hex nuts on the inner part are real tuff to get clean!! Good luck choosing!!:)

DarkKnight
09-17-06, 01:35 PM

Dee
I like the chrome split spoke one, it reminds me of the stock rims I had on my 02 Harley F-150. I think they will look great on black.

fresharch
09-19-06, 12:04 PM
has anyone heard of wheels called Hypnotic.

Hipnotic Wheels, Rims and Custom Packages (http://superbuytires.com/Hipnotic/)

they look nice..