: After-market Integrated Xm Radio Install Questions

resqchick
09-11-06, 09:35 AM
I just bought a certified pre-owned '05 SRX that didn't have XM from a reputable Cadillac dealer. I asked if they could wire the car for XM and they said they could & would no problem. I assumed (silly me) that it would be the integrated receiver (the one that hides under the dash, you can access the XM directly thru the car radio). When I picked it up, they had charged me $300 for the XM commander - which was velcroed to my dash and looked like my 4yr old had installed it! When I commented that it wasn't what I had expected - I was told that you couldn't have that done in the SRX. I went online and found what I was looking for from the XM approved website Myradiostore.com. - It even tells you which one to get specifically for '05 SRX. I want to buy it but I want to make sure that it really will work - especially since the dealer told me something else. If anyone out there has had one installed please let me know how your experience was. Did you have a dealer do it or a car audio place? help?!

MortnCyn
09-11-06, 11:35 AM
Go to the top of the page and click Cadillac Images and then SRX images. There is a Sirius installed in the ash tray. Do not know if an XM would fit. The XM was on our '05 and I purchased the XM to use in the house. There are several models available and you might be able to make one of the XM models fit in the ash tray area. The Commander might fit if you remove the cigar lighter part of the tray.

TSS
09-11-06, 03:35 PM
Resqchick: KEEP GOING!!!!! Look at images PAGE 3, there is an XM Commander in the ashtray. Stellar install job. It sure beats the velcro job you described. I had a commander and liked it in a Tahoe. Admittedly, the built in I have in my 06 is more convenient. BUT, if it did not have it, the Commander as installed in the photos would be just fine. Pick a station and close the ashtray. I only fluctuate between a few stations anyway.

yourgmsolutions
10-01-06, 11:27 PM
I just bought a certified pre-owned '05 SRX that didn't have XM from a reputable Cadillac dealer. I asked if they could wire the car for XM and they said they could & would no problem. I assumed (silly me) that it would be the integrated receiver (the one that hides under the dash, you can access the XM directly thru the car radio). When I picked it up, they had charged me $300 for the XM commander - which was velcroed to my dash and looked like my 4yr old had installed it! When I commented that it wasn't what I had expected - I was told that you couldn't have that done in the SRX. I went online and found what I was looking for from the XM approved website Myradiostore.com. - It even tells you which one to get specifically for '05 SRX. I want to buy it but I want to make sure that it really will work - especially since the dealer told me something else. If anyone out there has had one installed please let me know how your experience was. Did you have a dealer do it or a car audio place? help?!

you can buy that interface from Myradiostore.com no problem. it will work.the only thing is you need to go to the basicaly any GM dealer, pay them few $$$ and they can unlock XM Port on your radio. Unfortunately many GM Dealers are still in the "Stone Age" , anyway if go to the cadillac dealers to reprogramm your radio, and they tell you they don't know what you talking about, tell them that there is bulleten about that from GM or tell them to try this

To configure the Radio, perform the following:

With the Tech 2 go to radio, special functions, set options, optional modules, then select the appropriate modules to set up (Memory seat module, OnStar, DVD, Tire pressure monitor, DRR-digital radio Recevier. XM) and save options.
It is necessary to cycle the ignition off and open the door to disable RAP to save programming.