: Thanks Caddy! For My $10k Boat Anchor

Quadrasteer
09-09-06, 02:44 PM
Every day, my family, friends and neighbors look out their window and see exactly why GM is in trouble. My beautiful '99 Deville D'Elegance sits in my driveway with a blown Northstar engine that should have been fixed for free. When there is a known problem....recall it and fix it or just fix it. Even an offer to pay partially would have been appreciated. Now my 16 year old, who needs a car, learns about GM every time he walks by the car that could have been his. Thanks Guys! We have five registered GM cars, for my sons new car we are looking at Honda and Toyota.

PS: The customers that made a big fuss at their dealership got theirs fixed. Wonderful!

CadillacSTS42005
09-11-06, 08:20 PM
the engine isnt blown that doesnt happen there is no known defect...
the HEAD GASKETS are a different story and i seriously doubt anyone who didnt have a warrenty got it repaired for free when have you EVER herd of this.

Benjamin Simon
09-14-06, 09:26 AM
Things break. Did you buy it new? If you did, did you maintain the coolant? If you got it used, who knows what happened to it.
You said a blown engine, what did that mean??

peterbrowne
09-20-06, 01:02 PM
the engine isnt blown that doesnt happen there is no known defect...
the HEAD GASKETS are a different story and i seriously doubt anyone who didnt have a warrenty got it repaired for free when have you EVER herd of this.
My grandmother got hers fixed for free in her 98 Chev. Lumina and didn't complain. Warranty was up by 100 000 km and they said "it's your head gasket, GM will cover it under their goodwill policy"

Murphyg
09-20-06, 07:56 PM
No manufacturer...Even Honda or Toyota.... would fix ANYTHING on a 7 year old vehicle for free. Without some kind of extended waranty that is.
But you'd still have to pay something.

CadillacSTS42005
09-22-06, 01:04 AM
rofl yuh an 98 Lumina isnt rocket science...
a lac needing timeserting and all is close too...
your compairing apples to oranges

Benjamin Simon
09-22-06, 09:23 AM
Kia will!! 100,000 mile 10 year powertrain!! How about you set a good example to your son and buy him a Kia. Now that is a real american car.

xxcaddytech
09-26-06, 09:39 PM
99deville $10K???? woooohooohooo rofl maybe $4500 for a pristine example at auction... but more like $2500 at auction..

yep the honda and toyota mechanics are starving to death they build perfect cars..... right.. they look fat and happy like the rest of the mechanics...percieved perfection goes a long way....

CadillacSTS42005
09-29-06, 08:02 PM
notice how this guy hasnt responded back like ever....