: Drying black CTS

evo
02-17-04, 11:44 PM
hey guys,

I've got a black on black CTS. i was just washing it yesterday and i've a horrible time drying it. there is water marks EVERYWHERE!! i have to dry it, redry it, or i cant dry it fast enough. than when i'm finally done, there is water leaking out my liscence plate area, door handle and making a mess again. I was wondering if anyone know any good product or ways to clean this car. thanks.

banstyle
02-18-04, 02:46 AM
California Water Blade!

YAY! (http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/waterblade.htm) :bouncy:

That's a review. You can pick em up pretty much everywhere. Got mine at the local Checker Auto Parts. Works like a champ, just keep it clean like the review says after each swipe, and you'll have no problemo.

hcvone
02-18-04, 09:10 AM
Many of my customers including myself have used a leaf blower to get the water off the car fast, Toro seems to be what most use, and Home Depot is the place to get the cheap. If you have a good cost of "wax" on your car a leaf blower will take 90% of the water off the car, and it blows it out of the "problem areas" like mirrors and door handles.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
02-18-04, 10:23 AM
Mr. Clean now has a carwash thing u dont have to dry......i dunno how much to trust it but i feel like zaino will protect u

hcvone
02-18-04, 01:59 PM
They sent us two of their new kits to try, it does not dry spot free, but it is pretty good, probably a little more water on the car than with the leaf blower method

BUILDINGCTSAMG
02-18-04, 06:51 PM
send one my way....i just dont wanna pay for one

OGauge4Me
02-18-04, 08:43 PM
Leaf blower and a big Micro fiber drying towel is the way to go.

Vesicant
02-18-04, 08:53 PM
Heh.. Leaf Blower.... never heard that solution before, probably want to make sure that before you use its totally cleaned out and there are no bits and pieces of say twig wood etc. in the fan that wont send miniture fragments at your car and well, you know what happens. :crying2:

GTX
02-18-04, 10:39 PM
Zaino all the way, the water will just sheet off the car, then touch up any water spots with some of the Z6 detailing spray.

Here is a picture of my car with Zaino on it:
http://www.oqcgp.com/albums/barry_w/aah.jpg

evo
02-19-04, 01:05 AM
thanks for all the response... sorry im kind of a noob in detailing cars. I did a search on zaino, do i really need all of that? if not, what should i stick to and how would i use it? thanks.

hcvone
02-19-04, 09:13 AM
thanks for all the response... sorry im kind of a noob in detailing cars. I did a search on zaino, do i really need all of that? if not, what should i stick to and how would i use it? thanks.

It depends on how good you want your car to look, many customers just use Z-1 & Z-2, it all depends on how you take care of your car or truck.

hcvone
02-19-04, 09:16 AM
Heh.. Leaf Blower.... never heard that solution before, probably want to make sure that before you use its totally cleaned out and there are no bits and pieces of say twig wood etc. in the fan that wont send miniture fragments at your car and well, you know what happens. :crying2:

There is nothing to hit your car when using a leaf blower, the Toro model makes it impossible for anything to go through the motor, you want to use an electric leaf blower, some of the gas models exhaust the exhaust through the blower, you do not want that