: 06 DVD Code

DarkKnight
09-08-06, 02:17 AM
Is there a DVD hack code for the 06 SRX nav unit?

Smokin' SRX
09-17-06, 01:37 PM
Is there a DVD hack code for the 06 SRX nav unit?

Sorry friend! Big brother "took care" of that loop hole in '05!! 1971 and 1791 (yes, very similar!) are the only 2 known to exist to me (and I think this forum?) One works on SRX, the other on Escalades/Devilles/DTS. Try it! Hear that when a Nav unit is repaired, they even take the code out!!! They are protecting us!!!!??????????:thehand:

Mase
09-22-06, 01:08 AM
Here's a Question...

Background:
I recently purchased a used 2004 Caddy V6 w/ Navigation. I currently do not have possession of a Map DVD, but really, really want "my wife" to be able to watch DVD Movies whilst I drive. After doing some research on ebay and these forums I found the "code", and was, understandibly, very excited.

My Problem:
I just cannot seem to get it to work. I keep getting the message "Caution. The disc entered is not a Map DVD". I have tried various ways/times to put the DVD in versus the Code versus Park, but to no avail...
I believe it is due to one of two reasons:

1) The actual Nav Sys is a newer replacement one put in before I bought the SRX and therefore, likely, the code was taken out by the "dealership".:stirpot:

2) I am stupid and am just not inputing the information at the appropriate time or method. :thepan:

Has anyone else come across this problem? Am I alone? I have read all the posts on this subject and have never come across this specific result.

If anyone can help, please do!:worship:

(this is my first post, so be gentle):want:

--Mase

sgilbert
09-22-06, 11:41 AM
"1) The actual Nav Sys is a newer replacement one put in before I bought the SRX and therefore, likely, the code was taken out by the "dealership"."

YES---That is the problem! However, the dealership did not remove the capability, GM did it with the rebuilt replacement.