: 05 Sts

skides1
09-07-06, 10:04 PM
I found an 05 sts v6 for $25.9K. The car is Cad certified with a 6yr 100k warranty. What gives? Its got the bose, heated mem seats without polished wheels? Can a Cadillac dealer sell a buy-back lemon or flood car as certified pre-owned?

Cajonkev
09-07-06, 10:22 PM
They can sell a buy-back but often send them to auction instead. Rather unlikely it is a flood vehicle as they would have had to had bought it from the owner or at auction themselves.

If you're really interested run a Carfax on it and get the title history.

skides1
09-07-06, 10:42 PM
I am looking at carfax-How would they know that the car had a 500$ detail? Check out the car at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas website. They have an excellent rep- my brother just recieved his -rare, gotta have pull to get- Infinity 6sp Navi Coupe from them with 0.1 miles and packing wrap. You would think any flood or collision car would go to auction and be sold at "Bills used cars" not Caddy cert. Does anyone have a Carfax Membership? I can't buy this car now anyway, I would just like to know why. VIN 1G6DW677950226618 :confused:

Jesda
09-08-06, 03:02 AM
Email the VIN to jesda@q45.org and remind me, I'll get a Carfax report for you and email it back.

c5 rv
09-08-06, 06:53 AM
I ran the VIN through the www.nicb.org flood database and it comes up clean.

If my truck sells, I'm hoping to find a similar deal.

megeebee
09-08-06, 11:49 AM
The resale values of STS's is appauling. The sad fact is that few enough people want them when new. Discounts and rebates are fairly heavy. The "market" dictates this. If people were clamoring for used STS's, the values would be higher. As it is, the market isn't even clamoring for new ones. And, as I've written before, there are no plans to change the car until 2008. And even that will be minimal (tail lights, grille, maybe facias). So look for sales and market value of STS's to continue downward. Very sad.

AllWheelEric
09-08-06, 04:18 PM
Be aware that lemon laws are state-specific. Not all states require titles to be branded as lemons, and in those cases Carfax won't detect lemons. I have also read about schemes where cars are moved through those states intentionally so that the lemon notation gets lost.